Converse Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CorporateFresh, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

Wow. Nice!

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Those red ones are no joke. Who's stocking?[​IMG]

It's for FW10 so I think it might start coming out around mid to late summer, I could be wrong though.

Also, I borrowed the pic from another forum but this SeaStars looks surprisingly good.
    [​IMG]

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

It's for FW10 so I think it might start coming out around mid to late summer, I could be wrong though.

Also, I borrowed the pic from another forum but this SeaStars looks surprisingly good.
    [​IMG]

Reminds me of a cross between sperrys and vans.[​IMG]

4. wavvvy

wavvvy Member

NT :hat

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

I don't think I could ever get down with those boat shoe/sneaker sole hybrids. They just look confused as hell. Would rather just rock sneakers or reg boat shoes.

6. C.lo562

C.lo562 Member

Those red JP's looks nice, I wish they came in Hi's though. I'd settle for the lows regardless.

7. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

Not sure why, but I don't like the side strap things.

They are a bit odd and non-JP-ish, but I don't think they break the shoe. They should make those in black... they look like trainers from the 40's or something haha

8. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

does anyone know a good technique on painting the metal eyelet-lace things on chucks to make em all black

ive never done something like that and i want mine all black like these lace holes

[​IMG]

paint suggestions and techniques?

for anyone who owns these, how do cons cts fit compared to regular chucks?

9. gusrb84

gusrb84 New Member

that looks nice

10. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

Until the FW10 collection hits, I'd digging these. I love the garment dye look which adds a nice bit of color without drawing too much attention. I'm tempted to get all 6. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

the second pair from the top, the blue, look like what my regular-issue blue JPs are turning into with a little wear.

12. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

As far as I can tell the only difference is those have stitched edges instead of the lined edges. I like those gray ones. There's this pair of JPs on Zappos, the 'saltwash laces oxford'; it's lo-profile and rad. What does Saltwash mean pertaining to the laces? I like these because they have canvas over the inner toecap and around the sides and back of the shoe. I love the classic JP but the lo-pro is a nice change and looks slicker. http://www.zappos.com/converse-jack-...ox-black-egret As far as I can tell, saltwash just means the laces are whiter than the rubber? If I had a little extra money right now I'd pick these up, but I have enough JPs for the moment anyway. Plus I've seen like 3 or 4 pairs of shoes I bought this year already pop up crazy-cheaper-than-I-paid on 6pm.com and that kinda bugs. =) I think I'll wait for these to get 6PM'd.

13. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

As far as I can tell the only difference is those have stitched edges instead of the lined edges. I like those gray ones.

There's this pair of JPs on Zappos, the 'saltwash laces oxford'; it's lo-profile and rad. What does Saltwash mean pertaining to the laces? I like these because they have canvas over the inner toecap and aroudn the sides and back of the show. I love the classic JP but the lo-pro is a nice change and looks slicker.

http://www.zappos.com/converse-jack-...ox-black-egret

As far as I can tell, saltwash just means the laces are whiter than the rubber?

If I had a little extra money right now I'd pick these up, but I have enough JPs for the moment anyway. Plus I've seen like 3 or 4 pairs of shoes I bought this year already pop up crazy-cheaper-than-I-paid on 6pm.com and that kinda bugs. =) I think I'll wait for these to get 6PM'd.

I have no idea what the salt-wash means, but whatever it is, I don't think it justifies the extra cost.

To Robert, I agree, the blue ones are very similar to the regular navy JP's, which can be had for a lot cheaper if you can find them on sale. I would likely pass on the grey and wheat colored pairs as well since I already have quite a few pairs of white/neutral footwear (more Sperrys than I'll admit to, Clarks, some "retro" Nikes, etc). Plus 8+ pairs of JP's alone would be a bit of overkill. I really do love the red, green, and yellow pairs. Maybe it's due to my many years living in Miami, but I really embrace color in my wardrobe, and I'm always looking for interesting ways to incorporate as much color as possible without it being overbearing.

14. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

for anyone who owns these, how do cons cts fit compared to regular chucks?

toe box feels a little larger IMO

otherwise its the same...i wear the same in size chucks and cons cts