1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Converse Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CorporateFresh, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

some recent pickups:

got these for 72.00 each from the recent Saks F&F sale/discount
    [​IMG]

got these for 16.00 from HotTopic's $19.99 Converse/Vans sale + used a coupon code. the red ones are prob too hypebeasty for people here.
    [​IMG]

what are the top calledd?

2. zach_a

zach_a Member

JP Racearounds, then, if you're not feeling the toe-cap... [​IMG] Very comfortable, especially for Converse

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

If anyone is interested in the shoes I posted above let me know. They are size 8 and too tight for me.

4. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Senior member

Thinking about picking up some all white hi tops for summer. Classic canvas.

5. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

these wont be popular with everyone Undefeated x Converse Chuck Taylor Ballistic [​IMG] [​IMG] i would paint over the logo on the side

6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

these wont be popular with everyone

Undefeated x Converse Chuck Taylor Ballistic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i would paint over the logo on the side

what color is that? navy or black

7. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

what color is that? navy or black

It's navy. Saw it on hypebeast

8. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

JP Racearounds, then, if you're not feeling the toe-cap...

[​IMG]

Very comfortable, especially for Converse

Are these sold worldwide? I know a few stores that sell JPs, but they're the ones with the toe cap. The only others I've seen close to these are the navy and brown leather ones.

9. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

^those racearounds look pretty terrible from that photo compared to standard JPs, I would hope they look much better in person if anyone's seriously considering them.

10. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

^those racearounds look pretty terrible from that photo compared to standard JPs, I would hope they look much better in person if anyone's seriously considering them.

It seems the standard JP toe cap is either love it or hate it for most here (and seems like more hate it)... I personally like it but the canvas racearound is near the only alternative to those who don't like the other toecap... I like the canvas navy racearounds better than the white as well, but don't own any of the canvas racearounds. I only have the black leather hi's.

11. WorkingClassDude

Hey yo I was looking for a pair of chucks that were online as far as a few weeks/month ago, but now I can't seem to find them... they were basically your typical black Chucks, except they were called 'vintage' or something. So the rubber had a yellowed tinge (similar to when they yellow from the sun, but subtle) and the black was sort of lightly faded to a uniform dark gray. I believe the All Star side patch was the classic red/white/blue lettering. I just can't seem to find these, on Zappos, 6pm or Amazon or even google. I've found similar, but definitely not the exact one I'm looking for. There's also a blue and I believe a gray model where again, the colors are taken down a notch, so the blue is softer and the grey is lighter. They aren't ripped/torn/frayed or overly 'distressed'. I almost want to say it's kind of a wash. Anyone recall these and/or what they were called? They were definitely out in the past year. And I'm definitely not thinking of the ones that have vintage in the name that have ugly pinstripes. These look like they could have been black chucks from the 70's and sat around forever, just slightly used, exposed to the elements, but 'new'.

EDIT:
    After somewhat extensive research (as 'extensive' as you might call researching Chucks) I believe they are called Chuck Taylor Stonewashed Hi in 'jet'. Looks like they are sold out/don't exist nearly worldwide, with a couple UK/ebay places still maybe selling them. Anyone in the US seen these/still have them around??

12. WorkingClassDude

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I've been wearing these quite a bit lately. Loving them:

[​IMG]

What are these?

14. WorkingClassDude

Think those are part of the 'cup sole' lineup.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Best place to get the low ox's for cheap? I need a new pair for lifting.

16. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I have a pair of brand new in box totally unworn CDG Play X Jack Purcells in cream canvas with black heart I'm planning to throw up to B&S, eBay, or Sufu if anyone is interested here. Not available in the states yet, I bought them from DSM. Size 9 US. PM if interested for price.

Sorry to shill in here, thought there might be interest. They've been sitting in my closet for a week or two.

17. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Best place to get the low ox's for cheap? I need a new pair for lifting.

Out of genuine curiosity, why dyou use Ox's for lifting?

18. asr10 user

asr10 user Member

Out of genuine curiosity, why dyou use Ox's for lifting?

I can answer that... Because they are very flat and stiff. So its perfect for squats and deadlifts when you need your feet to remain flat and not cheat. Or you can go barefoot.

On another note, I am looking for either all red or all blue chucks. Everything one solid color, laces sole everything. Ive seen pics of Chuck Taylors like this, but dont know where to get them. Any ideas?

19. WorkingClassDude

What's the deal with these Converse Addict shoes? Sold in Japan only, sucks for me, but why are they $400? I saw a pair on eBay that are the most beautiful plain Navy Chucks, they just look to be crafted with a bit more detail and perfection. But I'd still think that'd only rate a street price of like $100, so I really don't get the markup. How does the quality material add up to a $350 markup? I really don't understand Converse' business practices, or I guess, Nike's business practices regarding the Converse name. Why not make them available here? Why not make them affordable? Who buys $400 Converse as a status symbol? They need only ever be beater shoes... [​IMG] motherfuckin' drooooool

20. JL77

JL77 Well-Known Member

They retail for about $200-$250 in Japan. That eBay price is inflated because they're not available in the US.