• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Contemporary Opulence and Risk Taking: Versace Thread

Made in California

Reaction score
Nike x Versace collab

Yours prayers have been answered NIKENIKENIKE

Not really a production sneaker ;) Done custom by cutting up a pair of Versace pants, hah
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/11/09/nike-air-max-1-the-what-the-versace/

Last edited:

jplay51

Reaction score

VIP sale today. I believe all you have to do is have an online account @ www.versace.com

30% some of the leftovers. A few decent staples like black wool pants (in that casual/formal grey area)

These prices are around where you'll see them on an average day at a boutique. If for some reason you want to make a purchase from the main site though, now's better.

To see sale items, go to the section tabs (eg MEN, WOMEN, VERSUS) and look for VIP SALE under those tabs.

jplay51

Reaction score
Versace is notorious for being widely faked. Part of the reason I made this thread is there's nowhere to go for general info, like does Versace commission production in such and such a country.

In C21 the clothing store today and noticed they had a lot of Versace Collection belts, which looked like the kind of belts you'd find for 5.99 in walmart, high gloss finish, questionable (fake?) leather, dull steel hardware. And noticed they were made in China. Now I think Versace S.p.A spits out some lame licensed products (like $45 nylon socks on farfetch) but I don't think Collection has gone this downmarket, nor does it seem likely they did a test batch and c21 just happened to get their hands on them after the brand passed on distributing.

To be honest their supply chains seem way too robust for this stuff to be legit, if all your stock is direct from manufacturer leavings, samples, B-grade: you're going to have a lot of variation in your offerings. I've tried to research this and everyone's assumption seems to be "if they were fakes someone would have heard about it" but a scandal isn't a scandal until it breaks...

Seems like c21 may be padding their inventory with the help of gray market manufacturers from china who half-heartedly copy the logo and not much else. I can imagine it being hard to resist. The difference between unauthorized product and the reject pile can be blurry to begin with, perhaps a gray area to be exploited. Caveat emptor I suppose.

Last edited:

jplay51

Reaction score
Watch out for products branded "Versace 19.69 Abbigliamento Sportivo SRL" (~Versace 19.69 Sportswear LLC)

As far as I can tell Alessandro has no relation to the family. Nor am I able to find info about him generally. My guess is he was born with the same name and has found a way to capitalize on it, with a company with a name just different enough to avoid lawsuit.

Myhabit (the Amazon high fashion proxy site) is full of 19.69 gear made in China with incredibly low prices on things like coats. These are not licensed products and the brand has no relation to Versace Group S.p.A.

jplay51

Reaction score
NYT article on Versus and the differences between this diffusion line and the Versace main line.

As I absorb more seasons and shop the stock available in the US, I keep getting the feeling that Donnatella prefers the women's lines and wants to focus there. Which to me is a bit of a disappointment, since there are motifs and designs (for instance with sweatshirts) in the women's line, that could easily be brought into men's lines. But instead what we see for the men's lines tends to be mostly unremarkable pieces; wool pants, more leather jackets- nothing risky, just slight re-imaginings of stand by or even retro men's staples. A flight jacket unrecognizable from one you might find in a clean thrift store holds little of the essence of Versace.

For men at least Versace seems to shine more on accessories, things like cuff links, ties etc and should be used very sparingly in fits.

As mentioned in a few articles Versace is preparing to once again launch a stock offering (IPO). This was attempted before to poor result, but the market is strong or so it is thought. Personally I'm beginning to think ahead to when Donnatella may be replaced with another artistic director who can pay more attention to the men's lines.

Attached are some pictures from the recent Men's show

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads