• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Construction issue with Rider boots

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics. I couldn't post any pics earlier, but now I'm home so I took some pictures of the issue. it's a little difficult to photograph how it really looks in real life but it gets the point across. The left side of the right foot is where the separation lies.
paris085.jpg
paris093.jpg
paris095.jpg
paris101.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
In a sense that's a problem with second-hand item; you don't know what they've really been through and, even if everyone involved is being entirely honest, it's hard for someone like the initial seller to honour any guarantee of quality. Can you go to a cobbler and get the boots repaired in a satisfying manner?

+1

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seems to be nothing wrong on these pictures. What exactly is the problem?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happened to me on a pair of shoes that had a false welt feather. Some cement should clean that up.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
This happened to me on a pair of shoes that had a false welt feather. Some cement should clean that up.

You mean filling in the gap with cement or actually trying to re-seal the upper to the welt?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
You mean filling in the gap with cement or actually trying to re-seal the upper to the welt?
I don't know exactly, I had Nick V do my pair. FWIW my pair were not welted.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
this is a symptom of sho'nuff syndrome.

Sno'nuff!

unagiluva

Reaction score
While trying to bring to light some possible construction issues with Ron's shoes, you have effectively made me want to buy another pair from him.

Those boots are NICE.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
I have a pair of Martegani chukkas that have the same problem. I have decided to live with it, but if you have any luck with a cobbler, post your results. If it was a cheap fix I'd have it done.

Looks like this may be a common Martegani/Rider Boot construction issue. Nonetheless, Ron is a gentleman and a scholar.

MARTEGANI

Reaction score
HI to Everibody.
shog[1].gif

All Rider Boot are made in Blake rapid construction.
I just see the pictures posted and I can assure that the last longer ( in italiana DURATA) of this shoes HAS NO PROBLEM.
In this case, the worker who stitch the first sole (INSOLE) with blake machine, stitched a litlle ( 1mm is enought) more internal.
Similar little problem ( that in my opinion is not a problem) can happen on tubolar construction of mocassins. When they are stitched blake from the best of stitcher, that can make the stitching max external possible without fall down and show hools of needles on edge of upper (so not so easy), and you do with your hands tha same touch, you will see internal section of sole or welt.
Also the posture of some foot make pressure on external of shoe and it can increase this issue .
As I can see from pictures, onestly, it is not big opening and it doesn't request to be restitched in that side.
With cream can be fixed this little problem of look.
At your disposal for everithing
ONLY FOR KNOWLEDGE
The difference between a shoes totally made by hand and a shoes made by hand in artigian way as we do, it is that tecknologies give us the opportunity to do the same work using machinery, lasting, stitching ecc... , in better way , no doubt, BUT STILL THE MAN DO THE WORK!!
We use machine that help the man making shoes, and not machinery that work under control of a man ( like mechanic industries).
It is enought tha 1 people do little mistake on one of the 70 to 100 steps we have in all our kind of shoes, that a shoes became a bad shoes.
I personally spend all my life in shoes factories , and I see in Ron the professionality I never seen in nobody else I meet in 30 years.
He can help to solve every kind of matter about shoes and reconnaise what is wrong or not.
We try to do our job in the best and honest way, also for RON's personal line of STRONG MAN shoes, but little or big mistake can happen when the MAN do the work.
Sometime, new people sobstitute old on retirement, sometime also the best, can be little sick for a flue a long night of ........
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
wink.gif

Please kindly ask RON about every problems , before prejudge.
We love our job and any suggest or problems on our product are welcome to adjust them.
I hope my english is not so bad.......

Giancarlo

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, Giancarlo.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
I have 3 pairs of Boots from Ron but I cant speak for the durability,
I havent worn any of them yet :p

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
this is a symptom of sho'nuff syndrome.

Not really, as he doesn't end up flipping them after having gone on about how superlatively decadent they are.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads