• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
No textured weave here. Basic poplin with a micro-gingham pattern. I would bet money that you'd like it IRL

When you put it that way, I might.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
What about chambray, linen and seersucker?

Seersucker not for shirts. I don't consider those to be fancy weaves. They have texture but the weaves are still plain. I like them both though I don't have any chambray and at this rate I doubt I ever will.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Seersucker not for shirts. I don't consider those to be fancy weaves. They have texture but the weaves are still plain. I like them both though I don't have any chambray and at this rate I doubt I ever will.
Gotcha. Not sure what I'd do in NY summers without my seersucker! I love light blue chambray shirts as I feel the texture goes very well with dark brown suede shoes and tweed jackets which I wear regularly when the weather calls for it.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like gdl's microcheck/gingham shirt.

here is my take on the navy herringbone suit, I recall Manton disliking the high super's numbers, this is a 160 or something and if I look at it wrong, it wrinkles
frown.gif

photo-14.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
That's nice all around, though like you I prefer round toes now.

160s is too far for me. I am wearing a 120s today and I only bought it because I love the design so much. I performs reasonably well.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a conservative business dress dictum for flying? Maybe a knit tie?
HKG, SIN, SHG & BJG in 14 days - Oh help me GAWD
110426072.jpg

110426074.jpg

Cheesy grin care of my Nephew who just cracks me up..

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Except for the lack of socks, this is all awesomesauce.

Mike

I agree, except that I think O/O should button his jacket at the waist instead of the bottom button. While I like that style in general, on him I think it draws attention to the hip area, which already looks pretty wide due to the cut of his jacket and trousers.

DSCF7678.jpg
DSCF7681.jpg
DSCF7683.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
we are wearing basically the same suit today.

Originally Posted by edmorel
here is my take on the navy herringbone suit

Time to sell it.

5658205738_e52a1a43f7_z.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I will get slammed for this but I think your collars look better unbuttoned, TRINI.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I use a single piece of fabric that goes hidden through the back of the trousers (like half a belt) with a bit of elastic in it. Very comfortable and my trousers don't fall all all during the day if I wear those.
You mean like a Daks top, with buttons on the side to adjust the fit? I must admit, it's crossed my mind to try a Daks top on at least one pair of trousers, just to see if I like them. I find that side adjusters are never quite enough on their own to hold trousers at the right height without occasional hiking up during the day. My usual order for most suits, esp. wintery ones, is side adjusters plus braces buttons and it's a rare day that I skip the braces. But occasionally, I'd like to. I guess Daks tops might be the solution for me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads