• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conan may be replaced by Leno

brlfvr

Reaction score
I think that Conan knows that Leno is a scumbag in some part of this hence the joke in the monologue last night saying that one option for him was "to grow ten pounds of chin".
lol8[1].gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
Arsenio Hall started as a fill-in to the failed Joan Rivers talk show Fox aired in the aftermath of the Leno-to-the-Tonight Show decision. Had a devoted (primarily urban) following for a year, mainly because he was able to get guys like Tyson, Murphy (while still funny), Magic Johnson, and others to come by at the drop of a hat. Hall was a good stand-up comedian, but so-so host and bad interviewer, so that eventually did the show in.

After Louis Farrakhan was on his show , it was just a matter of time.

How are the rating for George Lopez?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Leno didn't have a choice when he "handed over" the Tonight Show; NBC essentially fired him from the program.

Yes. I think this is simply an opportunity to watch another once large and proud business swirl around the drain a time or two before disappearing.

So I guess NBC is the Chrysler of over the air TV broadcasters?

Conan, if he does land at Fox with a talk show at 11:30 will bleed ratings off the reconstituted Tonight Show with Jay Leno. It's almost a replay with what happened to Letterman in the early 1990s. Either way the NBC brain trust responsible for this mess should get sacked for incompetence. It's one thing to make a an epic blunder, but to make the same one within 20 years? What ever happened to learning from history?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I really think this is a perfect example of trying to have your cake and eat it too. NBC had Leno chugging along at the 11:30 time slot, beating Letterman in the ratings regularly and making money. But Conan was making noises about moving on and, rather than risk losing him to another network, NBC promised him the Tonight Show.

Pretty safe, in their heads: keep both guys and cut their cost of programming (for the 10:00 slot) by millions $$ per day.

But Letterman's been kicking Conan's ass at 11:30 and Leno's show is losing viewers for the local news, so revenues are down, affiliate anger is up.

And this week's cluster-**** "solution" might end up causing both Leno and Conan to walk.

Dumb.
Dumb.
Dumb.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nbc is 4th in a field of 3. **** network no one watches.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leno doesn't need the money.
He might walk just to spite NBC.

It would be the gracious thing to do.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Want to see conan leave for fox or just quit and then leno hang it up too. Would be funny.

IIRC Conan's contract with NBC stipulates that neither he nor the Tonight Show will be moved from the 11:30 time slot. NBC is fucked.

Their experiment has failed, and the fix they propose is going to cost them at least the balance of Conan's contract.
laugh.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC Conan's contract with NBC stipulates that neither he nor the Tonight Show will be moved from the 11:30 time slot. NBC is fucked.

Their experiment has failed, and the fix they propose is going to cost them at least the balance of Conan's contract.
laugh.gif

I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads