• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conan may be replaced by Leno

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

This is what I heard as well.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

That's what I read too. I seriously can't believe ABC would keep Kimmel and pass on Conan. That seems like a no brainer to me.

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Double post...damn you SF lag.
smile.gif

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrome_dout
That's what I read too. I seriously can't believe ABC would keep Kimmel and pass on Conan. That seems like a no brainer to me.

Maybe, unlike NBC, they actually have scruples and would prefer to work with and improve the person they have contracted for a job, rather than dumping him.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Leno doesn't need the money.
He might walk just to spite NBC.

Originally Posted by tagutcow
It would be the gracious thing to do.

Owning 5000 cars costs money.

He'd be better off becoming a mechanic, re-selling Doritos, standing behind his wife's great literary pieces, or joining the cast of Jersey Shore.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Maybe, unlike NBC, they actually have scruples and would prefer to work with and improve the person they have contracted for a job, rather than dumping him.

Ouch..

Sure, i can deal with Leno, but keeping Leno around and, effectively, preferring Leno over Conan by moving his slot to 11:30 is a slap to Conan.

Will the tonight show brand recover a year from now with leno reclaiming the 11:30 spot ? Probably. The management of the whole issue has been amateur at best. Conan signed a contract 6 years ago to take over the tonight show time slot, why the **** would NBC want to lead into the new tonight show with the previous tonight show host ? Residual viewer ratings ? That made no sense and was a recipe for disaster from the jump.

Plain terrible and for the record, i hope conan goes to HBO. I'm sure his humor has been bottled up for years and would be even better on a late-night cable version.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This link:

http://tv.gawker.com/5445941/conan-o...n-and-ferguson

is a good summary of the commentary that the other late night hosts have made about the situation including video excerpts. Conan comments pretty bluntly about his situation, Dave is pretty harsh to Leno and Carson Daly, and even Craig Ferguson weighs in.

--Andre

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conan's bits and skits are absolutely god awful, but I find him hysterical in interviews. In fact I wish that format of shows would be like 90% interview as opposed to like 40% that it is now.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Owning 5000 cars costs money.

He'd be better off becoming a mechanic, re-selling Doritos, standing behind his wife's great literary pieces, or joining the cast of Jersey Shore.

Or resuming his movie career. Collision Course was one of the finest movies of its time.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Leno doesn't need the money.
He might walk just to spite NBC.

In November he said in an interview that he would host the show at 11.35 again, if he was asked...

So I see no reason for him to walk. He gets his old job back and probably a hefty payraise...

Millerp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lovely World
When this happens, I sure hope Conan gets picked up by another network and put on a show on the same slot and beat Leno's ass.
Well, we can hope but the fact still remains that the Tonight Show lost over 2 million viewers when Conan replaced Jay Leno.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
This link:

http://tv.gawker.com/5445941/conan-o...n-and-ferguson

is a good summary of the commentary that the other late night hosts have made about the situation including video excerpts. Conan comments pretty bluntly about his situation, Dave is pretty harsh to Leno and Carson Daly, and even Craig Ferguson weighs in.

--Andre

Craig Ferguson's opening monologue last night with his crocodile puppet is amazing. It's not in the link though, last I looked.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kimmel is really no less/more popular than conan with the populace at large.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics