1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Conan may be replaced by Leno

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Dentata, Jan 7, 2010.

1. breakz

breakz Senior member

Yes, you've proved my point... that's not "tons of ratings." [​IMG]

Conan's almost doubling the ratings of the former leader, so in relative terms it is "tons of ratings." We're talking late night TV here, not primetime.

2. Chaos P. Bennu

Chaos P. Bennu Senior member

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I just hope they don't get rid of Jimmy Fallon. I find his show more entertaining than either Conan or Jay Leno. For some reason, I feel like Conan's become an unfunny dickwad since he took over the Tonight Show. Where he used to be funny, he just now seems like a pompous douche towards his guests.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I just hope they don't get rid of Jimmy Fallon. I find his show more entertaining than either Conan or Jay Leno. For some reason, I feel like Conan's become an unfunny dickwad since he took over the Tonight Show. Where he used to be funny, he just now seems like a pompous douche towards his guests.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i read the thread title as "Conne may be replaced by Leno" [​IMG] i guess that would be the DT version of this thread

6. roundheadlights

roundheadlights Senior member

I like Fallon, but his show is really quite bad. He always seems so awkward, like he's really worried the audience wont find his jokes funny. Maybe that's why he often laughs at his own jokes...

7. z7f9q

z7f9q Senior member

I like Fallon, but his show is really quite bad. He always seems so awkward, like he's really worried the audience wont find his jokes funny. Maybe that's why he often laughs at his own jokes...

Although, to be fair, that's always been his schtick. I agree though, I find his show pretty hard to watch, the monologue in particular.

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

I've always been of the opinion that Fallon is a talentless twat who must have blown someone pretty high ranking at NBC to have been kept around and nurtured for so long.

9. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Although, to be fair, that's always been his schtick. I agree though, I find his show pretty hard to watch, the monologue in particular.

I had heard this from a few people. I caught the full monologue for the first time last night. I actually could have written, and delivered better jokes. Actually. In about 5 minutes. The only good thing about it was its length, very short.

10. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

The sad thing is, Fallon is still a better interviewer than Leno.

Yeah I said it.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

zucker should have been fired ages ago. is a disaster. could learn a thing from mcpherson.

12. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

14. breakz

breakz Senior member

Nonono, this is good (for Conan)! He won't be stuck in limbo now.

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/14/jay-le...show/#comments

TMZ (if they can be believed) is reporting that Leno
    has signed a deal to host the Tonight Show from
    11:35 - 12:35.

TMZ has been pretty accurate in their big time stories (i.e. Michael Jackson death, Tiger Woods cheating, Chris Henry death) so I'm going to go with TMZ on this one until I read something contradicting them.

16. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Noooooo Conandooooo!!!!!!

17. BoilerRoom

BoilerRoom Senior member

TMZ has been pretty accurate in their big time stories (i.e. Michael Jackson death, Tiger Woods cheating, Chris Henry death) so I'm going to go with TMZ on this one until I read something contradicting them.

It's pretty sad when America's most accurate news source is probably TMZ.

18. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

IMO, this does solidify Leno (or at least NBC) being a slime ball. Maybe informs a bit of what happened with Letterman too, who was a friend of Leno's until Leno screwed him.

19. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Jimmy Fallons show is entertaining? It's fucking horrible. I'd rather watch Martha Stewart.

Hopefully Conan continues late night on another network because that's where I'll be watching. This is ridiculous and I'm going to laugh when Leno comes back on and is no longer the ratings leader of late night. Conan had to deal with a shitty lead-in to his show because Leno's tanked. NBC has no brains.

20. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Holy shit. Did anyone see Jay Leno show tongiht? He had Jimmy Kimmel on for a "10 questions" celebrity thing he always does and Jimmy ripped Leno a new asshole on Leno's show the entire time. He was pretty brutal and it was awkward for leno. Someone has to find a clip.

Also, the past 2 weeks since this started going down, Conan has been hilarious. He has always been funny and smart but obviously had to tone some stuff down and "play the game" a bit to progress in his career. Has been cutting loose lately and is great. Kinda like during the writer's strike where he pretty much improvised everything and went with most all new material (since the writer's owned some of the standard bits) and that month of shows was really funny too. Also, he has been really funny and brutal in ripping NBC and Jay

If conan could go somewhere else where he had a lot more freedom, i'd love to see that show. He's always best in his improvised things where he goes somewhere with just him and a camera like the california winery thing from a year ago. There's always a game to be played on big networks especially one as (poorly) micromanaged like nbc