Community

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Mar 19, 2010.

1. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

last episode so awesome

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

It was kinda depressing [​IMG]

3. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

no it was awesome. its good to see them developing Shirley's character a bit as because she's really been the cast member thats been ignored.

Although what they really need is more Senior Chang.

side note: didn't realize until recently that I went to college with Abed, I thought he was a familiar face.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

really good episode. the series seems like early scrubs. good sometimes random comedy with a more serious undertone.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I liked this episode. Claymation was pretty good. It did seem weird at first though.

6. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I liked this episode. Claymation was pretty good. It did seem weird at first though.

Was it just me or did Joel McHale's claymation version look a little like Bill Hader?

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

Even in clay-mation, Annie was hot. If only we saw Alison Brie in that ballerina costume in real life...

8. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Even in clay-mation, Annie was hot. If only we saw Alison Brie in that ballerina costume in real life...

+1 Brita's claymation did her no justice.

Interesting article on the making of this episode. A couple interesting facts...the final product wasn't delivered until the DAY BEFORE it had to air, and Starburns is actually one of the head writers on the show.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Making-C...d-1026631.aspx

9. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

The article doesn't even mention that Dino Stamatopoulos was the guy behind Moral Orel. He has years of stop motion experience under his belt.

10. ebmk3891

ebmk3891 Senior member

I just got into this show over xmas break and plowed through season 1 and caught up to season 2. Abed is a great character - his mannerism and acting is unlike anybody else. Him and Troy definitely make a good duo.

I also love all the reoccurring characters (Starburns, Leonard, etc). Kind of reminds of the Simpsons in a way (Troy McClure, Wiggums, etc)

11. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I just got into this show over xmas break and plowed through season 1 and caught up to season 2. Abed is a great character - his mannerism and acting is unlike anybody else. Him and Troy definitely make a good duo.

I also love all the reoccurring characters (Starburns, Leonard, etc). Kind of reminds of the Simpsons in a way (Troy McClure, Wiggums, etc)

That's kind of a good comparison. For the show to continue, it almost has to become a cartoon trapped in time (i.e., Bart being in 4th grade for 20 years). There's no realistic way this group of people could stay together at a community college for longer than 2 years.

12. ebmk3891

ebmk3891 Senior member

That's kind of a good comparison. For the show to continue, it almost has to become a cartoon trapped in time (i.e., Bart being in 4th grade for 20 years). There's no realistic way this group of people could stay together at a community college for longer than 2 years.

Yeah that's the biggest thing I'm worried about. It's almost like when Saved By the Bell went to the college years. Hopefully they'll be creative in their thinking.

13. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

4-year community colleges are rare, but they do exist.

14. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

4-year community colleges are rare, but they do exist.
    Maybe, but I think the point I was trying to make is that this group of friends all starting and ending at the same time would ultimately make less sense than a blanket tent city, or campus-wide paintball apocalypse.

15. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Maybe, but I think the point I was trying to make is that this group of friends all starting and ending at the same time would ultimately make less sense than a blanket tent city, or campus-wide paintball apocalypse.

ha. true.