• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

Sirjoe21

Reaction score
^ thats still like $160 bro...

$15 isnt a game changer in a purchase like this, however over $100 is.

L2math

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score

^ thats still like $160 bro...

$15 isnt a game changer in a purchase like this, however over $100 is.

L2math

wtf r u talking about?? 570 - 545 = $25 difference between ssence price and frances may price. Way to math fail.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question about last seasons washed silver CP's. I just bought them in a size 41 (went one size down as suggested) and these bitches are tight. its extremely tight around the toebox. Do these washed trainers fit like all other CP's or should I be going TTS in my case? also do courts fit like achillies-- I've heard they have a wider toebox? If that's the case would the rule of "one size down hold?"

Cheers

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

question about last seasons washed silver CP's. I just bought them in a size 41 (went one size down as suggested) and these bitches are tight. its extremely tight around the toebox. Do these washed trainers fit like all other CP's or should I be going TTS in my case? also do courts fit like achillies-- I've heard they have a wider toebox? If that's the case would the rule of "one size down hold?"

Cheers

For some reason the washed leather feel really snug when you buy your normal CP size. I am sized perfectly at a 41 in achille lows and I remember the washed browns feeling really tight. I would say a good rule for the washed is if you're pushing your normal CP size in achilles, then go ahead and size up in washed. If you have a little bit of room in your achilles and aren't maxing out the length (edit; and width), stick with your normal size for washed. I think it is because the tongue is thicker than on the traditionals. In looking at the shoe it is important to the design, but a real pain ********** when you've owned a lot of CP's and they throw that curve ball with no warning in the description. Maybe try swapping out the rounded laces for the normal flat laces if you have an extra set to reduce a smidget of extra pressure pushing down on the tongue and thus your foot. That may be a long shot though. Good luck.

Last edited:

monkeydoodle

Reaction score

It could be that you choose Canadian dollar? Perhaps in the price is included shipping and other fees
The $570 is with US dollar

The prices are higher if you're browsing within Canada. Based on where you browse (ie. USA or any other International country) the currency will be in US dollars and the prices will be lower.
(If you don't believe me, try browsing ssense with a proxy server and you'll get the same prices as our American counterparts)
The reason for this is Ssense includes the customs/tariffs on the goods that are made in other countries (extra 18%) and mark up the price for the small market and demand there is in Canada.

Therefore, all you lucky people outside of Canada have lower prices.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For some reason the washed leather feel really snug when you buy your normal CP size. I am sized perfectly at a 41 in achille lows and I remember the washed browns feeling really tight. I would say a good rule for the washed is if you're pushing your normal CP size in achilles, then go ahead and size up in washed. If you have a little bit of room in your achilles and aren't maxing out the length (edit; and width), stick with your normal size for washed. I think it is because the tongue is thicker than on the traditionals. In looking at the shoe it is important to the design, but a real pain ********** when you've owned a lot of CP's and they throw that curve ball with no warning in the description. Maybe try swapping out the rounded laces for the normal flat laces if you have an extra set to reduce a smidget of extra pressure pushing down on the tongue and thus your foot. That may be a long shot though. Good luck.

Thanks mate.

Would you say the unwashed achilles are considerably roomier? These are actually my first Cp's.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks mate.

Would you say the unwashed achilles are considerably roomier? These are actually my first Cp's.

N/p man-

If you can get the 41 washed achilles on your foot and walk around and consider them to be 'pretty tight, but wearable' (as I was) I would say you would be fine in 41 for regular achilles. If your washed in size 41 are too tight, to the point of wanting to return them, then I would say your best bet moving forward for the vast majority of CP models, including the regular achilles, is a size 42. I would venture to say that normal CPs will feel almost a half size larger than the washed leather.

edit; weird sizing comparisons/advice above, but hopefully it makes sense to you

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member