• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

dsgyudfsi5

Reaction score
Are you talking about the touch of the surface when you brush your fingers against it, or the thickness / heaviness of the material? The opposite of a "soft" material would normally be a "rough" material, so "hard" makes it sound like you mean structure and rigidity of the garment rather than its hand.

It looks like it's soft. If it's pure cashmere, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be unless they made it on the cheap out of low-grade yarns.

I have a couple of overcoats in similar thick cashmere fabric (not Club Monaco) and they are incredibly soft but not especially flexible.

It's both hard (so it retains well the form of the coat and not flexible) and not that soft. When I brush my fingers against it, it feels a bit like wool, only a little softer. In fact, it is hard to tell the difference between this and my wool coat in terms of texture. It is not as soft as cashmere should feel like, say soft cashmere scarf, for example.

You said "incredibly soft" so I'm guessing this is not a difference in personal assessment. The cashmere is from Italy (Pure cashmere by "Breschi" cashmere) and the coat retailed for close to $1000, so I don't know why this cashmere is so un-cashmere-like. :(

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchased 100% cashmere coat in dark camel color in Korea for around $600~$650 on sale. Even though it's 100% cashmere, it's not soft but hard due to compression (Anyone have similar experience with compressed cashmere??) I tried looking for this product online but it was nowhere to be found. Is it possible that this coat is only sold in Korea? Feedback on the coat itself would also be appreciated.
Coat looks a tad big on you.

daddyblitz

Reaction score
New here,i have a question guys,has anyone tride the "made in Italy "dress shirts? Im wondering about quality and fit,price seems good right now with the sale,ty in advance.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is their pricing getting absurd these days? I haven't bought anything from CM in ages.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it me or is their pricing getting absurd these days? I haven't bought anything from CM in ages.
I don['t really buy at retail, but did buy some shorts about a month ago from the clearance/sale section. Also bought the Woolrich quilted overshirt, but sadly had to return because it was too small for me in size small.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. Nothing is worth it unless it hits clearance and sale section with 40% discount on top of it. Even then sometimes the pricing is ridiculous..

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When stuff is one sale I find the quality to the price very good. Recently got 3 cotton/linen sweaters. For the approx 70$ I spent on each after discount applied, I don't think there is any beating it.

With the USD where it is, anytime you can buy in CAD is welcome for me.

I have always been impressed by the fabrics CM uses. The 3 sweaters I got all have fabrics much superior than the price I paid. Which to me is a good value. I have no issues with construction either for the $.

Jackboot

Reaction score
Quiet in here. Anybody score anything worth talking about from the end of summer clearance (40% off)? I usually buy a load at this sale but this year ended up with nothing at all.

Also, I've bought and returned quite a few things over the last few months. Maybe it's just bad luck, but the items I've returned were all lower quality than I'm used to with CM.

One more thing: I snagged a random linen jacket from CM a while back. Grant fit, but made in Italy instead of China. The only other Italian suits I've seen offered from CM were by Lardini. I wonder if this Italian jacket was made by Lardini.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quiet in here. Anybody score anything worth talking about from the end of summer clearance (40% off)? I usually buy a load at this sale but this year ended up with nothing at all.

Also, I've bought and returned quite a few things over the last few months. Maybe it's just bad luck, but the items I've returned were all lower quality than I'm used to with CM.

One more thing: I snagged a random linen jacket from CM a while back. Grant fit, but made in Italy instead of China. The only other Italian suits I've seen offered from CM were by Lardini. I wonder if this Italian jacket was made by Lardini.

I didn't. But I like these items

I wonder if this new peacoat is warmer than the previous ones.

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=105717086

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=110395606

I like this one for casual fall wear.

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=106636226

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is the 40% off available in store? Weekend only or including Monday?

Jackboot

Reaction score

I didn't. But I like these items

I wonder if this new peacoat is warmer than the previous ones.

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=105717086

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=110395606

I like this one for casual fall wear.

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=106636226

When you refer to the previous peacoats, do you mean FW15 or FW14? I have one from FW14 and IIRC it is 100% wool and made in Turkey. I bought (and returned) another pea coat last winter and it was wool blend and made in China. I feel like the switch from Turkey to China on their suits and some other items (like the pea coats) is a significant loss in quality. Anyway, I've found my Turkish FW14 pea coat to be very warm, but I'm living in a much warmer climate than you.

I really like the Lieutenant Coat you linked to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads