• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes for skinny boys/men

VanBurnham

Reaction score
Left, I like what you are thinking... those pictures are similar to what I have in mind. Maybe just a few minor adjustments to reflect our decade and I think it's about perfect =)
I have been missing a very interesting thread here.

I just want to say welcome VanBurnham.

You obviously are accustomed to living in an 'undefined zone' which makes many people quite uncomfortable.

May I suggest that footwear is one of the primary 'gender determinants' of fashion? I wonder which directions you are leaning in this regard.

Accessories are another obvious item that can be used to either clearly indicate gender or blur the lines according to your choosing.

Do you find you need assistance with understanding what would constitute 'proper' men's clothing - as many here would be very helpful in that regard. I think even if you are choosing not to follow the conventions knowing what they are might be helpful.

- G.

Most of my shoes are unisex, I have lots of Toms, Vans and such. I do have some men's dress boots from Magnani that I paid over $300 for a few years ago... I haven't worn them in years, but they are probably the most favorite pair of shoes i've ever had. They have a nice click to the heel when you walk. Also, a lot of my accessories are unisex, I have a unisex silver bracelet that was hand carved from one of Alaska's top silversmith that I picked up in Sitka, Alaska... set me back quite a bit. I can also carry my diamond studs over too, especially since they are square and not round... but my other jewelery I will probably give to my sister... should cover a few birthdays/christmas's =)

I hope this link will help you draw inspiration:

http://wearingthepants.tumblr.com/

That is an excellent link... thank you so much. I am in love with this girl from the link you sent me (i think she's a girl), and this is a look I could easily pull off (minus the cigarette).

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Left, I like what you are thinking... those pictures are similar to what I have in mind. Maybe just a few minor adjustments to reflect our decade and I think it's about perfect =)

Start with The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, then go through all of Bowie's albums until Station to Station and the introduction of the TWD.
Rent The Man Who Fell to Earth.

Tweak from there.

lefty

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads