• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes for skinny boys/men

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I clicked that link, I still can't figure it out. OP took estrogen therapy, it worked, and then he stopped taking it and turned back into a dude?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Job well done mate !!
And for op. Try D&G they have slim tops and jackets. Also PRL slim fit shirts.

I simply did a Google Image Search (paste image URL into google search box and it displays results, click on search by image if it doesn't do so automatically)

I clicked that link, I still can't figure it out. OP took estrogen therapy, it worked, and then he stopped taking it and turned back into a dude?

Yes, hence my question and confusion

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something like this perhaps?

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey now... let's not get all judgmental on the OP's lifestyle and stuff. this ain't DT... OP came for clothing advice, let's stick to that hmmmm?

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, fair enough.

dune

Reaction score
I had scrolled almost all the way to the bottom and was thinking "wow, cool, not a single post judging or making fun of the op", that's not something I was expecting on a forum."

And then it was ruined.

lemmy127

Reaction score
I'll ignore the want to lament the same FML that is plaguing Texastyle and address for the OP if he's still around...

Wanting to highlight your feminine features but at the same time stop being confused for a woman is a very conflicting statement. Clearly you notice that men's and women's clothing highlight different features, and I have a hard time believing that you will find something that accomplish both of these tasks.

But I think what will do wonders in that department is chopping that hair off. I have a friend that is built very similarly to you but he's got a couple inches on you, and when I met him the first time, I didn't know if he was a guy or girl until he said his name. But once he cut his long hair to a style that could only be seen as a men's or, pardon the lack of a better description, butch lesbian, it was really easy to see that he was just a very skinny and lanky guy.

If you want to keep the androgyny, I don't really know what to tell you.The whole concept means that you will be confused for a woman at least once in a while. And wearing clothing that will highlight your feminine features will only increase the likelihood. I guess your best bet is to go all in on a clothing style that is unmistakeably male, like a Ralph Lauren prep look as someone else suggested. Polos, button-down shirts (with no pleating like the one in your picture), ties, blazers, khakis, an occasional suit, boat shoes, wingtips, etc. Buy all men's clothing. Women's clothing is significantly more form fitting like spandex. Guys shouldn't even have that with jeans. I don't how you can "femmy" the look up though. Maybe more vibrant patterns or colors. Honestly, I have to go back to stating that desire to highlight your femininity and not wanting to be confused for a chick is a really conflicting statement because the first causes the other to happen.

Sorry if this doesn't help at all.

VanBurnham

Reaction score

I feel this is necessary to view in lieu of the OP, just so noone is completely lost

Nothing against your decisions, but I'm not sure.. is your gender female.. or male? And if female.. why are you bothering with men's clothing?

Wow you are very investigative =] I'm surprised you found that. I am biologically male, despite my appearance. I started modeling as female when I was in my early 20s, and eventually just fell into the life of living as female. Obviously I have some body/gender issues. However, I'm sick of being a woman.... Now that I am trying to expand in my career I feel the need to present as male. I'm not really sure if I can pass as a guy

It's not really that I hate being a woman, the fashion is fun and the life is fun... But I feel very deceptive, especially when guys ask me out... And I also feel very fearful all the time. I don't really want to dress like a man, but I do want to get my life progressing. I feel very restricted as a woman, scared to go out to places alone, tired of being overlooked in the workplace in comparison to a man, and so on. It's really sad, because this is how biological women feel and live.... Since very few people know I'm actually a guy, I can very accurately assess this.

Basically what I'm looking for is help in developing a men's wardrobe, but I just know nothing about men's clothing... Especially where to buy cloths to fit my small frame. I was on my way to obtaining my CPA when all of this came to light, and I abandoned my plans out of fear as I started assuming a female role. I would like to go back and resume my life before all this started... I don't regret any of it, because I have a very insightful look into what women experience, which will help when I find a wife one day... But I'm ready to try to move past this. =]

VanBurnham

Reaction score
I feel this is necessary to view in lieu of the OP, just so noone is completely lost

Nothing against your decisions, but I'm not sure.. is your gender female.. or male? And if female.. why are you bothering with men's clothing?

Haha, wow.. you are very investigative =)

I am biologically male. I started modeling as female in my early 20s and sorta fell into the role of living as a woman. I clearly have body/gender issues. However, I've become sorta trapped and exhausted with my life, and I want to try to move past it.

It's not that I hate being a girl... I enjoy the fashion and the life... but I am always so fearful and uncomfortable now. I feel very deceptive, especially when guys ask me out. I've found that I don't enjoy the company of most other girls now, because whereas before I was viewed as a guy... now I'm viewed as another woman, and potentially a "threat." I am tired of feeling fearful, and tired of feeling overshadowed in the workplace in relation to men. Since nobody knows I am a boy, I am treated completely as female... and having now seen both side of the spectrum, it's pretty appalling some of the things that women have to endure.

Years ago, before all this started, I was on my way to getting my CPA. However, while preparing for the test, all this came up and I became very fearful... and abandoned my plans. I want to try to resume my life as it use to be, get my CPA and start progressing in my future. I feel like the best way to do this is to go back to being a guy, but I know nothing about men's fashion... especially where to buy cloths to fit my small frame.

I don't regret any of this, but I feel like it's time to move on with my life. I know have amazing insight about women, which will be very helpful when I find a wife... and also if I ever run a business. I figure the best way to start this is with my cloths...

OP has a girlfriend and I don't.... fml.
Hahaha, this is because you know nothing about women =) People seem to find it so odd that I can get girls looking like I do... but not only can I get girls, I can just about any girl I want... unless they are looking for a MAN, which most girls these days aren't. I've found that girls tend to prefer the look of a female, but ********** with a man... and in my case I have both. I also a vast knowledge of guys skills such as carpentry, electronics... but also am an expert in women's fashion, trained by MAC makeup and so on... and insight on both genders.

uhoh.gif
What the hell are you OP?

Edit: You take steroids and you dick become so small that you want to be a female? This is why people shouldn't take steroids lol. No offense OP.
Little do you know about steroids... hormones, or anatomy in general... ********* doesn't shrink. Here is what happens, as the same with any natural occurring chemical that is introduced into your body from an artificial source. Your body has a protective mechanism that causes it to cease production of a chemical if that chemical appears from an artificial source for more than 3 days. This is why people are known as Insulin Dependent, or Hormone Dependent... because their body now depends on this artificial source due to lack of it's own production.
In the case of steroids, most steroids are typically either another source of testosterone, or another source of protein. SO, here is Biology 101 for you. Your testicles produce...? Testosterone.
NOW, if you introduce testosterone from a foreign source, WHAT will happen after 3 days? Your testicles will slow down and eventually cease production of testosterone. NOW, what will happen to your testicles. The answer is that they will draw up to your testicular cavity, where they use to reside when you were just a little bitty boy, because they aren't producing testosterone anymore. Now, what happens when you quit introducing the artificial source of testosterone? Well, your bodies fail safe mechanism kicks back in and starts producing testosterone, thus causing your testicles to regain in size and descend once again from your testicular cavity. In conclusion, steroids have nothing to do with ********** size, simply your testicle size. NOW, lets take this one step further. ********** is composed of mostly cartilage, and can almost be viewed as a muscle. ********** becomes erect by blood flow to the capillaries in this area. IF your body is not producing an adequate amount of testosterone, and you aren't receiving it from another source (what happens in the first few weeks of getting off testosterone), then your sex drive is lowered. And like all muscles, if you don't use it, then you lose it. Lack of blood flow (erections) to the penis will result in temporary shrinkage due to not using it. However, just like muscles, they will return to the same size.

Congratulations, you learned something today =)

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am biologically male. I started modeling as female in my early 20s and sorta fell into the role of living as a woman. I clearly have body/gender issues. However, I've become sorta trapped and exhausted with my life, and I want to try to move past it.

It's not that I hate being a girl... I enjoy the fashion and the life... but I am always so fearful and uncomfortable now. I feel very deceptive, especially when guys ask me out. I've found that I don't enjoy the company of most other girls now, because whereas before I was viewed as a guy... now I'm viewed as another woman, and potentially a "threat." I am tired of feeling fearful, and tired of feeling overshadowed in the workplace in relation to men. Since nobody knows I am a boy, I am treated completely as female... and having now seen both side of the spectrum, it's pretty appalling some of the things that women have to endure.

Years ago, before all this started, I was on my way to getting my CPA. However, while preparing for the test, all this came up and I became very fearful... and abandoned my plans. I want to try to resume my life as it use to be, get my CPA and start progressing in my future. I feel like the best way to do this is to go back to being a guy, but I know nothing about men's fashion... especially where to buy cloths to fit my small frame.

I don't regret any of this, but I feel like it's time to move on with my life. I know have amazing insight about women, which will be very helpful when I find a wife... and also if I ever run a business. I figure the best way to start this is with my cloths...
Hey this is very insightful, and sorry if I was prying, was just a bit interested in the story that's all. Anyway what I would suggest is checking out RL Rugby if you are looking at more of the edgy-preppy look, or if you want to try it out. Otherwise dior homme has pretty slim and skinny suits that look great. I think with the added backstory maybe hold off on buying a lot for a while and maybe bulk back up to your old build, and then maybe shopping might be a bit easier. I'm pretty slim myself (5'10-11" and 135 lbs) and have been wearing RL all my life and recently invested more into Rugby since its slimmer.

Last edited:

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahaha, this is because you know nothing about women =) People seem to find it so odd that I can get girls looking like I do... but not only can I get girls, I can just about any girl I want... unless they are looking for a MAN, which most girls these days aren't. I've found that girls tend to prefer the look of a female, but ********** with a man... and in my case I have both. I also a vast knowledge of guys skills such as carpentry, electronics... but also am an expert in women's fashion, trained by MAC makeup and so on... and insight on both genders.
I got burned.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Little do you know about steroids... hormones, or anatomy in general... ********* doesn't shrink. Here is what happens, as the same with any natural occurring chemical that is introduced into your body from an artificial source. Your body has a protective mechanism that causes it to cease production of a chemical if that chemical appears from an artificial source for more than 3 days. This is why people are known as Insulin Dependent, or Hormone Dependent... because their body now depends on this artificial source due to lack of it's own production.
In the case of steroids, most steroids are typically either another source of testosterone, or another source of protein. SO, here is Biology 101 for you. Your testicles produce...? Testosterone.
NOW, if you introduce testosterone from a foreign source, WHAT will happen after 3 days? Your testicles will slow down and eventually cease production of testosterone. NOW, what will happen to your testicles. The answer is that they will draw up to your testicular cavity, where they use to reside when you were just a little bitty boy, because they aren't producing testosterone anymore. Now, what happens when you quit introducing the artificial source of testosterone? Well, your bodies fail safe mechanism kicks back in and starts producing testosterone, thus causing your testicles to regain in size and descend once again from your testicular cavity. In conclusion, steroids have nothing to do with ********** size, simply your testicle size. NOW, lets take this one step further. ********** is composed of mostly cartilage, and can almost be viewed as a muscle. ********** becomes erect by blood flow to the capillaries in this area. IF your body is not producing an adequate amount of testosterone, and you aren't receiving it from another source (what happens in the first few weeks of getting off testosterone), then your sex drive is lowered. And like all muscles, if you don't use it, then you lose it. Lack of blood flow (erections) to the penis will result in temporary shrinkage due to not using it. However, just like muscles, they will return to the same size.

Congratulations, you learned something today =)
Well put!

VanBurnham

Reaction score
Hey this is very insightful, and sorry if I was prying, was just a bit interested in the story that's all. Anyway what I would suggest is checking out RL Rugby if you are looking at more of the edgy-preppy look, or if you want to try it out. Otherwise dior homme has pretty slim and skinny suits that look great.

I think with the added backstory maybe hold off on buying a lot for a while and maybe bulk back up to your old build, and then maybe shopping might be a bit easier. I'm pretty slim myself (5'10-11" and 135 lbs) and have been wearing RL all my life and recently invested more into Rugby since its slimmer.
Of course, I'll answer any questions you have... I'm really open to talking about these things. For a second I felt sorta defensive from all the posts, but now I realize that nobody meant any harm. I love my life and would have it no other way. I think I could probably bulk up to 125-130... that's what I use to be. But, which I swapped my hormones I lost all my muscle from lack of testosterone. I now have hips too that I am stuck with, but I like them...
If I get time today I can run out to the mall and shop around and just sorta try on cloths to get an idea of where to start. I'm sorta excited about this

I got burned.

Haha no I didn't mean it like that =)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads