• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-standard shirt: grey check Inglese from NMWA.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a different fabric, but a different style: I like a fly-front shirt worn without a tie—the absence of the tie makes the clean visual effect of the buttonless front all the more striking.

Cheers,

Ac

J o s h

Reaction score

Gotcha. I will snap some pics in the morning and upload. Purple, grey, brown/blue check (casual), etc. Good night!

Hi Gus, here are some of the less conservative colors in my shirt wardrobe. Some are quite casual while others are more elegant. The suit supply and seize sur vingt shirts have incredible fabric.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here is a washed cotton chambray shirt that belongs in a different thread, but I forget which one it is.
Here is a washed cotton chambray shirt

I like this one very much. I think it would look very good with most tweeds for a more casual option to a classic blue OCBD

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

NMWA did a Pre-order of Inglese shirts in a similar fabric but in brick red stripes. I will post pics when mine arrive. The slubby fabric gives an interesting visual texture. These sorts of fabric weave treatments add variety to a shirt wardrobe. I especially like them with S/S clothing.

Here is a slubby linen purple stripe that works well with or without a tie:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think covered plackets give a clean, sleek and modern look. I like them paired with simple modern trousers and shoes for a coordinated look. I've owned a number of them in solid colors and would get them with hidden button down or snap collars. They looked "clean" when worn under a simple, dark suit.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are 2 3/4 inch lapels too narrow? I bought a blazer with this lapel width and they look kind of narrow, but not too narrow. I'm conflicted.

For me, categorically yes. But as Moss says, hard to know without pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics