• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

milw50717

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
Ok, Thanks a lot! Will contact.

I was just on the Clarks USA website as my 1 week old DBs have a problem with the leather pulling away from one of the eyelets and found a FAQ that mentions replacement laces:

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/custome...qs.cfm#anchor7

Can I order replacement laces through Clarks?

We do have laces available for select styles and would be happy to send you a replacement for free, if the laces are in stock in our warehouse. Please contact our Consumer Services Team online or call us at 800-211-5461 with the style number of your shoes along with your mailing address. If we are unable to locate a pair within our inventory, we suggest visiting a local retailer that sells replacement shoe parts or visit www.lacesforless.com to purchase a similar pair.

pgd3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by okay.w0w
that resoled pair looks nice....doesn't seem worth it though considering how much DBs are

You don't need to pay to resole a shoe like this.

New soles are cheap, 15-20 depending on sole and where you purchase, less if you can get them wholesale.

Some glue.

Get the old sole off, usually when they're old they sort of chunk off.

And if you can find a belt sander you can prep the base, glue on the new sole, and sand it in on the sides to the welt line.

Its not stitched but who cares, its glued on.

khoumphonh

Reaction score
just picked up a pair in beewax from banana republic for 50$ loving these pair but they run big i prosume because i went down an entire full size. the break in is somewhat painful the first day or two but these definitely will be my all day every day shoes.

Switz

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts on here about how beeswax is ugly or to not get a leather desert boot. Honestly, it looks like other shoes that are recommended are sometimes in colors that could have been called beeswax and I think the leather has potential to look better than suede.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, I think the beeswax ones are ugly (no offence, guys!). The only ones I would buy would be the sand, brown, or zebra-striped ones! The blue ones are a maybe—I probably wouldn't buy them, though.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
meh... nobody on earth is going to notice the difference/care-- got complimented again tonight.

still, deep in my core, I feel a little empty.

I get compliments on my bushacres too. They're good ****, and we have lots of time to get around to the DBs next time. I'm wearing the bushacres as a public test, since not that many people around here are posting pics of beat-up pairs. I'll post my pics in a few months, once I've worn 'em in.

I'm betting the original crepe and not this "synthetic crepe" bushacre business, which is, really, just synthetic rubber with crepelike imprinting on the bottom, will be the most comfortable. For example, my crepe alden roys are my most comfortable shoes ever.

The beating-up process is going beautifully. The whole "different leather" issue doesn't really worry me. It's just a different effect, and once it comes time to apply beeswax to these, I wonder if they won't end up being basically the same as the DBs except the sole. Time will tell.

changed

Reaction score
and not even authentic DB's!
wink.gif
I've been wearing the BA's where before I was wearing beat up Chucks-- it's amazing how much a simple pair of shoes can improve your pre-existing wardrobe. On another note, my friend told me he got a pair of Wallabees for $30 at Marshalls-- so off to the dept. stores again...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw several pairs of beeswax bushacres in different stores this weekend.

The beeswax is definitely a different color than the desert boot beeswax. It is more of a muddy brown while the desert boot has a bit more of a red tint to it.

Also, the crepe soles may get dirty and/or wear out, but they are part of what makes the shoe so comfortable. The rubber soles are probably much better in the rain though...the crepe slips, wears away quickly, and I am pretty sure it leaks.

Grolsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
...and I am pretty sure it leaks.

Can't say it leaks in my experience. But then again, it depends on how wet it gets!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the Bushacres after the Aldens because I like them. the Bushacres are a lot slimmer in their look than Roys, and I'm into that.

I'm in that phase of life where you discover you've probably been buying the wrong size of shoe all your life, and I live nowhere near a place where I can try on Aldens, but I do live near a Nordstrom Rack where I can try on all sorts of lousy brands and sizes of shoes without bothering anybody.

Also, Roys take forever to lace up, and I take my shoes off a lot.

but I'm going to New York in two weeks and have dedicated Saturday to shopping. Shoes are on the docket.

Brattman

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the British Millerain x Clarks Originals desert boot? I'd really like to get my hands on a pair, but they seem hard to come by!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads