• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

changed

Reaction score
Just went to Nordstrom Rack and got a pair of Beeswax DB's for $63- seems like a great deal. If anybody wants me to buy them a pair and ship 'em within the US/Canada, I'll do it.

jelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
Just went to Nordstrom Rack and got a pair of Beeswax DB's for $63- seems like a great deal. If anybody wants me to buy them a pair and ship 'em within the US/Canada, I'll do it.

able to ship to singapore?

what about other colours?

changed

Reaction score
how can you tell the difference between the crepe and synthetic bushacre? it seems to be crepe soled to my untrained eye... edit: ****, it appears from Google image search that the bushacre sole is darker, while the crepe desert boot sole is almost white. it appears Nordstrom is selling the bushacre at DB prices (albeit with a large discount from the Rack). :\\ edit v.2: well, I guess it isn't all that distressing... apparently it is the same leather, the same stitching, the same everything, except for a synthetic crepe sole, which is probably an improvement over the crepe. The darker sole looks good, in my opinion, and can always be replaced over time with something like the Vibram sole above...) Plus, I wore them out of the store and some girl complimented my shoes on the escalator
fistbump.gif

mottykytu

Reaction score
Taupe Suede and Flint Suede which one do you think is better ??? , i think the color is 90% similar...

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how can you tell the difference between the crepe and synthetic bushacre?

it seems to be crepe soled to my untrained eye...

edit: ****, it appears from Google image search that the bushacre sole is darker, while the crepe desert boot sole is almost white. it appears Nordstrom is selling the bushacre at DB prices (albeit with a large discount from the Rack).

:\\

edit v.2: well, I guess it isn't all that distressing... apparently it is the same leather, the same stitching, the same everything, except for a synthetic crepe sole, which is probably an improvement over the crepe. The darker sole looks good, in my opinion, and can always be replaced over time with something like the Vibram sole above...)

Plus, I wore them out of the store and some girl complimented my shoes on the escalator
fistbump.gif

It's not the same leather.

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
It's not the same leather.
meh... nobody on earth is going to notice the difference/care-- got complimented again tonight. still, deep in my core, I feel a little empty.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meh... nobody on earth is going to notice the difference/care-- got complimented again tonight.

still, deep in my core, I feel a little empty.

99% of people don't notice the difference between most clothing, whether it's from Old Navy or Margiela

Pinhas

Reaction score
The laces on my gray suade's ripped today; anyone know's where I can get new ones? I want the same ones.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
The laces on my gray suade's ripped today; anyone know's where I can get new ones? I want the same ones.

Contact Clarks and they will send you a new pair. You could also buy a lace of your choice from a large number of places. Put on your thinking cap, chief.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Contact Clarks and they will send you a new pair. You could also buy a lace of your choice from a large number of places. Put on your thinking cap, chief.

You know that for a fact or are you just talking?

And I am aware I can get a different lace of my choice anywhere; That's why I said "I want the same ones".

/off to look for cap in laundry basket

steviecakes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
You know that for a fact or are you just talking?

And I am aware I can get a different lace of my choice anywhere; That's why I said "I want the same ones".

/off to look for cap in laundry basket

I know this for a fact. Clark's customer service is superb. They are very eager to send replacements if something breaks.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steviecakes
I know this for a fact. Clark's customer service is superb. They are very eager to send replacements if something breaks.

Ok, Thanks a lot! Will contact.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads