• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

bha

Reaction score
Are you guys actually wearing out these soles? I have a pair of DB's that I bought 3.5 years ago and a wore them a LOT. As in every Sat/Sun for the last 3.5 years, plus the occasional Friday. And a number of vacations I wore them every day.. I walked 16 km in Paris all in the same day.

This is a pair of standard beeswax DB's.. and the soles look very lightly worn but that's it. I can't imagine wearing out these soles for at least another 5-7 years the way I'm going.

Just interested in all of the re-soling posts here. I would never have thought of re-soling DB's until I read it here a few months ago.

Now the cleanliness of the sole edges is entirely another story. They have had dirty edges for about 3.49999 years of the 3.5 years I have owned them :)

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
I went down 1/2 size on the Beeswax DB's and while the width felt ok, they were way too long (about an inch of extra space in front). If I go a full size down, it feels tight width-wise, with pressure on my pinky toe as well as the top of the foot when walking (the crease pushes down on the foot). If I go a full size down, will they stretch out enough to be comfortable, or should I look for another boot?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went down 1/2 size on the Beeswax DB's and while the width felt ok, they were way too long (about an inch of extra space in front). If I go a full size down, it feels tight width-wise, with pressure on my pinky toe as well as the top of the foot when walking (the crease pushes down on the foot). If I go a full size down, will they stretch out enough to be comfortable, or should I look for another boot?
I'd go full size down. That's what I did when I read this thread. When sized down half a size it was still tight. Full size was perfect and still going strong today.

Pinhas

Reaction score

Are you guys actually wearing out these soles? I have a pair of DB's that I bought 3.5 years ago and a wore them a LOT. As in every Sat/Sun for the last 3.5 years, plus the occasional Friday. And a number of vacations I wore them every day.. I walked 16 km in Paris all in the same day.

You barley wear them, that's why the soles are lasting. I am on my 3rd pair of DB's, and none lasted more then a year. During the spring I wore mine almost everyday and during the summer I wear them at least 3-4 time a week. I would be wearing them now too if not for the messed up sole.

Last edited:

NormanF

Reaction score
You barley wear them, that's why the soles are lasting. I am on my 3rd pair of DB's, and none lasted more then a year. During the spring I wore mine almost everyday and during the summer I wear them at least 3-4 time a week. I would be wearing them now too if not for the messed up sole.

They are cheap and most people just get a new pair. But if you resole them, you have better quality footwear than the originals and they will last a very long time.

Reaction score
just bought olive leather DB's on endless.com. listed as $89.99, plus a 25% off promotion going on for boots so ended up being about $72 after tax. free 2 day shipping. did some research on endless.com, apparently owned by amazon and had good reviews so fingers crossed...

NormanF

Reaction score
anyone owns a olive db? is it more green or more grey in real life? endless and need supply has olives but looks different.

I think it would be more like a military hue. If you like that in a db. If not, stick with a safer color.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad