• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas haul

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Fiorentini & Baker Chocolate suede Boots
Attachment Henley
Hollander & Lexer scarf
PSP "Yeah"
Burton Snowboard
Burton Gloves
Burton Wooly Hat
Burton Snowboard boots
Original World War Two patchwork Union Jack flag

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the Wings+Horns chambray vest (that thing really does size large. I fit easily into a small,) so that counts as Christmas too. Was going to pick up some buttonups, and then realized that I have at least one Jil Sander that is still unworn in the closet. Plenty of other never worn stuff too.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugly, cheap looking boy's size L shirts. While they fit ok in the chest, fortunately the arm length is too short. Thus, I have a reason to give my parents for returning them without hurting their feelings. Why do people continue to do this even when I explicitly tell them not to?! I get the feeling it's their way of telling me I should dress differently since the clothing always looks like something the gift giver would wear themselves, not me.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Ugly, cheap looking boy's size L shirts. While they fit ok in the chest, fortunately the arm length is too short. Thus, I have a reason to give my parents for returning them without hurting their feelings. Why do people continue to do this even when I explicitly tell them not to?! I get the feeling it's their way of telling me I should dress differently since the clothing always looks like something the gift giver would wear themselves, not me.
Most people know by now not to get me clothes, but some choose to ignore it. I received a Tommy Hilfiger long sleeved rugby polo, in velour nonetheless..
facepalm.gif
Almost tempted to do a WAYWT

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
  • Digital SLR for WAYW poasts
  • Jump the Gun blue gingham shirt
  • JtG charcoal sta-prest trousers
  • JtG Bretton jumper

smile.gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1

hahaha this is the funniest ******* post, i can't even imagine. please take fit pics

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Most people know by now not to get me clothes, but some choose to ignore it. I received a Tommy Hilfiger long sleeved rugby polo, in velour nonetheless..
facepalm.gif

Almost tempted to do a WAYWT

Definitely do the WAYWT.

Thank god no one gets me clothes. Seriously. I have the same rule with guitar gear; get me none of that please. My wife knows better than to do that. It can only disappoint.

Best gift my wife ever gave me was season tix to the Seattle Sounders (MLS soccer), two years ago. She got them right after they became available, long before the team ever took the field. So we have great seats.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Greatest Hits:

PS3, extra controller, a couple games, and a remote control (so I don't have to use the game controller for Blu-Ray/Netflix). A new iPod. A few new books. Some hand tools. Some other odds and ends. I'm also getting a smoker from my dad, but it's on order. Winter, even in the South, isn't the best time to find a new grill.

I'm pretty sure that, of the 30 Christmases I've celebrated, this year's was the best haul I've ever taken. Everyone really hooked me up this year, and there was even cross-family coordination on some items. My wife bought the PS3, and she gave other family members advice on which accessories/games she thought I would like. Everyone's generosity was amazing.

To top it all off, they were all wise enough to entirely avoid trying to buy clothes for me.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see, the lady got me the following:

BMW water canister.....
BMW key chain......
facepalm.gif

OEM BMW valve stems.....don't fancy
BMW plush bear for the back seat....
facepalm.gif

BMW cap........
frown.gif

3 Hanes white tees...don't fancy but i will use them as sleepwear.
Pajamas
Leather watch storage box....this is nice
Tons of chocolate from all over the world...this is good since i love chocolates.

Now, i need to find someone to unload the bmw accessories to. Well' it could be worse, at least she knows not to buy me clothes to wear outside of the house.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
Let's see, the lady got me the following:

BMW water canister.....
BMW key chain......
facepalm.gif

OEM BMW valve stems.....don't fancy
BMW plush bear for the back seat....
facepalm.gif

BMW cap........
frown.gif

3 Hanes white tees...don't fancy but i will use them as sleepwear.
Pajamas
Leather watch storage box....this is nice
Tons of chocolate from all over the world...this is good since i love chocolates.

Now, i need to find someone to unload the bmw accessories to. Well' it could be worse, at least she knows not to buy me clothes to wear outside of the house.

What the hell? What's with all the BMW stuff?
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads