• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas haul

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he loves his car, lets get him a bunch of bmw stuff
kelvin loves clothes, lets buy him a UO cardigan....
eh.gif

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, she assumes that because I'm a bimmer fanatic, I'd dig these items. Ironically, these are the items i stay away from. My car is elegantly modded, she should have known better, but she's a biker gal so she was just trying to be nice. The only BMW gift I need right now is an E92 M3 which I was showing her last night so hopefully she remembers this next year lol.

PS. she bought me a nice pair of sterling silver cufflinks too....

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Chambray
Bean boots
Nigel Cabourn clip jacket

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i didnt get that much . just some cash and a few gift cards.

Same. I don't mind though, my son had a great christmas and that's all that matters.
smile.gif

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
he loves his car, lets get him a bunch of bmw stuff
kelvin loves clothes, lets buy him a UO cardigan....
eh.gif

exactly! My aunt bought me some tacky flannels from Pac Sun. These will definitely not be worn.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by London
EG Chambray
Bean boots
Nigel Cabourn clip jacket

I'll be in Brooklyn January 19. Kindly we near Epaulet shop in the evening. Bring Nigel Cabourn jacket so that I can filch it. Thanks.

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, do any of you ever ask people to just give a donation to a charity in your name? I mean, I get myself plenty of stuff, my wife is usually... directed... to something I want, and I love my family's Secret Santa, since everyone knows each other pretty well (duh, we grew up together.) For example, I got some really good marzipan and creme de marron (which I love) as well as Leonard Cohen's "Stranger Music" out of my secret Santa (my mother, proxied by my brother), and my brother got a Property of... bag from me that I know he'll put to good use.

However, my wife's side of the family has no idea how to shop for me. They know that I am into fashion, and are actually pretty intimidated by my tastes, and I'm not going to ask anyone to spend too much on me. A donation is a nice thing, I think. I'd rather have that done than to have a bunch of stuff I don't want anyway. I dunno.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
BTW, do any of you ever ask people to just give a donation to a charity in your name? I mean, I get myself plenty of stuff, my wife is usually... directed... to something I want, and I love my family's Secret Santa, since everyone knows each other pretty well (duh, we grew up together.) For example, I got some really good marzipan and creme de marron (which I love) as well as Leonard Cohen's "Stranger Music" out of my secret Santa (my mother, proxied by my brother), and my brother got a Property of... bag from me that I know he'll put to good use.

However, my wife's side of the family has no idea how to shop for me. They know that I am into fashion, and are actually pretty intimidated by my tastes, and I'm not going to ask anyone to spend too much on me. A donation is a nice thing, I think. I'd rather have that done than to have a bunch of stuff I don't want anyway. I dunno.

yes, the donation is called 'helping pay for my tuition' :p

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a nice thought, but i rather receive a gift. i dont know, call me selfish.

i do give donations regularly but at least i know where they are going and how much im giving. i can trust family members ,but if i were to ask acquaintances to give a donation on my behalf, it also may suspice to me if they actually did it

Well, you tell them which charity you prefer, and they actually do it in your name, and you get a "X donated $Y in your name" card from the charity, so you know that it happened. I like receiving gifts too, but not stuff I have to feign liking.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
why would anyone get a gift card to a place they dont go to? all my friends and family know where i like to shop.
It happens. For example someone thinks "hey JDM always has nice shoes, I'll get him a gift cert to Aldo!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads