• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago Boutique Shopping off the mile?

jmatt

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their replies. I have duly noted them all, and will endeavor to hit the vast majority of recommendations. Thanks again.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are heading to Morris and son's take a cab, it is not the 2 blocks they mention from the sears tower and not in that great an area.

I would go there, eat at manny's first and then go shopping in the store and grab a cab back directly if you buy anything because it is not the area to be walking around with your new Brioni suit. Others may disagree, but I think it is prudent. Also, the sales men are very agressive but the head manager is very kind and nice. They have a lot of Ricci ties in nice solids which are impossible to find.

Don't miss checking our Saks and some of the stores you think may be expensive because sometimes they have deals that are better then anything you find at a discounter. I picked up a Barbera suit at Neiman's in navy for about 500 a few weeks ago.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
If you are heading to Morris and son's take a cab, it is not the 2 blocks they mention from the sears tower and not in that great an area.

I would go there, eat at manny's first and then go shopping in the store and grab a cab back directly if you buy anything because it is not the area to be walking around with your new Brioni suit. Others may disagree, but I think it is prudent. Also, the sales man are very agressive but the head manager is very kind and nice. They have a lot of Ricci ties in nice solids which are impossible to find.

Don't miss checking our Saks and some of the stores you think may be expensive because sometimes they have deals that are better then anything you find at a discounter. I picked up a Barbera suit at Neiman's in navy for about 500 a few weeks ago.

"it is not the area to be walking around with your new Brioni suit. Others may disagree, but I think it is prudent. " This is bullSh*t!!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would go there, eat at manny's first and then go shopping in the store and grab a cab back directly if you buy anything because it is not the area to be walking around with your new Brioni suit. Others may disagree, but I think it is prudent. Also, the sales man are very agressive but the head manager is very kind and nice. They have a lot of Ricci ties in nice solids which are impossible to find.

I second the endorsement of Morris & Sons, although I agree that the service is somewhat attentive if you are used to the benign neglect of Neiman Marcus. In January, I bought a nice Brioni raincoat that I wear all the time. You don't have to worry about walking around with your new wares, because the manager or a salesman is likely to ask you whether you would like your purchase shipped to you to save on sales tax.

Broadway

Reaction score
The area around Morris & Sons is fine. If you walk 20 blocks west, you might have a problem, but the strip by the store is always full of families shopping and eating. In fact, the last three times we've visited, we've driven by huge weddings spilling out into the street - hardly a personal safety threat. But a cab is probably a good idea, if only because it's not so close to downtown.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To clarify and make sure we are all on the same page. Morris and Sons has moved from Roosevelt to Polk and Jefferson. Third Floor. This was a couple months ago. Are we talking about the new or old address?

Truefit and Hill in the bloomingdales building, 6th floor. Best shoe shine

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there about 3 month's ago around 4:30 on a Friday Afternoon and was there for a while.

I simply disagree , without the vulgar language of Mr. Monty, it is not a safe area and I have done business in all parts of the city. Take a cab.

jmatt

Reaction score
I was there about 3 month's ago around 4:30 on a Friday Afternoon and was there for a while.

I simply disagree , without the vulgar language of Mr. Monty, it is not a safe area and I have done business in all parts of the city. Take a cab.

Well - they've moved since three months ago. They have a secure parking lot, and one walks 40 feet from the lot, to in the store.

Morris & Sons was by far the best place we shopped. Mike was incredibly helpful, and the selection of high end items like Brioni, Luciano Barbera, Incotex, etc. was better than any other place we found in Chicago. Among other things, I got a Brioni sportcoat, priced at $4100, and I paid $1050. Not exactly ebay pricing, but for picking up in a brick-and-mortar, where I got to see the goods in person, try everything on first, and have them measure and make the alterations, I doubt the deal could be beat. I also picked up a Brioni cashmere from last year. Originally priced at $1000. My price - $150.

Ask for Mike. Tell him Styleforum and Matt sent you! (He's heard of us before!)

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
Well - they've moved since three months ago. They have a secure parking lot, and one walks 40 feet from the lot, to in the store.

Morris & Sons was by far the best place we shopped. Mike was incredibly helpful, and the selection of high end items like Brioni, Luciano Barbera, Incotex, etc. was better than any other place we found in Chicago. Among other things, I got a Brioni sportcoat, priced at $4100, and I paid $1050. Not exactly ebay pricing, but for picking up in a brick-and-mortar, where I got to see the goods in person, try everything on first, and have them measure and make the alterations, I doubt the deal could be beat. I also picked up a Brioni cashmere from last year. Originally priced at $1000. My price - $150.

Ask for Mike. Tell him Styleforum and Matt sent you! (He's heard of us before!)

--If you like Brioni, you've found your sweet spot at Morris. You'll get no competition from me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads