• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chelsea/Ankle boots

dastig

Reaction score
I've only recently really started to get into fashion, whatever that might be. Anyways, I'm looking for staple items for the fall. One of these staple items is a black ankle boot or Chelsea boot (they are the same thing, right?). I think they are quite versatile, since they can be worn with dress pants, but also be worn with jeans. I've searched the forum, but can't quite find much info.

My budget is fairly low, less than 150. Any ideas on a good pair of chelsea/ankle boots? What is an affordable brand with good quality? From what I read most shoes are made by other companies. I also learned that Kenneth Cole shoes suck. I always thought they were somewhat decent.

nastyandy

Reaction score
Personally, in that price range, I think Florsheims are a decent boot and will do just fine.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look on ebay, especially if used boots don't bother you - there are excellent deals to be had.

A pair I was watching ended the other night - Costume National sleek ankle boots that would work in a variety of outfits - they sold for the opening bid of $75 and were in excellent condition. Retail was probably $575+ on those boots. I just forgot to bid.

The bottom line is that you should get the most out of your dollar. Don't think of $150 as a constraint, as you can really do a lot with that amount of money.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I really wish they still had those Craftsmans in brown in 9.5. Sold out damn fast, though, and good deals on ankle boots are hard to come by. Charles Tyrwhitt has the 50% off sale right now, so you can get chukkas or chelseas for 150. I hope some other people have suggestions, though. We don't see enough affordable footwear in here that isn't a pair of chucks or vans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads