• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheapest place to get a pair of sambas

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
I was thinking the exact same thing.I had a collection of over 100 sneakers before I started smartening up my appearance and not one of them was a Samba.I was also a member of a sneaker discussion forum and Sambas never(or very rarely) ever came into the conversation,yet it seems here everyone owns a pair.I just don't get it.
What kinds of sneakers did you own?

Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
Do Samba's come in wide widths?
The regular ones are too narrow for me.

I usually have to go up a full size from my regular shoe size, for Adidas, Puma and Nike. They all run pretty small overall - in my experience, at least.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick,
I did own Adidas Micropacer 1984,NL 1985 and 2000.I had all the Superstar Consortium series,6 pairs of Rift,8 pairs of Air Max 95,various Adidas originals etc.....I never really went big for the Jordans.
I have now sold most of the above as I have changed the way I dress completely over the last 2-3 years.Every penny from the sale of the sneakers went on shoes.I now have 5 pairs of EG and 7 pair John Lobb Paris.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Nick,
I did own Adidas Micropacer 1984,NL 1985 and 2000.I had all the Superstar Consortium series,6 pairs of Rift,8 pairs of Air Max 95,various Adidas originals etc.....I never really went big for the Jordans.
I have now sold most of the above as I have changed the way I dress completely over the last 2-3 years.Every penny from the sale of the sneakers went on shoes.I now have 5 pairs of EG and 7 pair John Lobb Paris.

When did you sell the Superstar Consortiums? A new-in-box pair of those would likely pay for a pair of EGs right now.

I like a good image change every now and then, but I can't ever see myself selling my sneakers. Way too much fun.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would find myself getting dressed for the weekend and not wanting to wear sneakers as it ruined the outfit.I am now 33 and as recently as 3 years ago I owned 1 pair of shoes and couldnt ever imagine myself in a proper pair of leather sole shoes,but now I love them and cant really see myself in sneakers unless for sport or going to the supermarket or something....

The best price I got was for my Neighborhoods,£695.
Most of the others went for around £400 with the Adi Dassler going for £250.
This money bought the bulk of my shoes as the Consortiums were all unworn but as you can imagine some of my other stuff which was worn went for peanuts.In the end I was selling them in blocks of 5 just to shift them.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i totally agree. having joined this forum (and aaac) made me appreciate dress shoes more. i used to buy sneakers like crazy but now thanks to styleforum my careless spending on sneakers has been tempered by spending on fine dress shoes!

still, i have a couple of pairs of onitsuka tigers that i will keep.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
I like a good image change every now and then, but I can't ever see myself selling my sneakers. Way too much fun.
I'm the same way. I love "proper" shoes like nobody's business but I still keep an arsenal of snakers on hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads