• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Kevin24

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone!

Beautiful Shoes!

I have the Grasmere (Herring branded) here as well.

Quick question: I am looking at getting the Hudson loafer. I am typically a size 11 D in most oxfords (ex. Allen Edmonds) or 10 F UK.

What size should I order for the Hudson loafer? Should I go down half a size?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Cheaney jodhpurs via Harrods, J & M socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .
IMG_3890.JPG

Phoenician

Reaction score
Most of my boots and shoes are Cheaney. These are my Kings. Versatile boots. Not country boots but to my mind good with jeans or a fairly casual suit.

love those boots! I just ordered the same ones in burgundy shell that they made for Pediwear and look forward to getting them. Agree that they strike a superb balance between jeans and business casual much better than most boots out there
How are you getting along with them? Cheers my friend
Douglas

Northants bloke

Reaction score
They don't get worn quite as often as my Chukkas and I find Dainite more versatile. They are still my best looking boots and super comfortable. I live near the factory but these are one of the few pairs I paid full retail for. Not regrets. I really like the 130 last too. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Uli

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

i came along this thread an wonder if anyone can give me an advice? I want to buy the Godfrey D Chelsea Boot, last 125.

I am a UK8.5 in C&J Tetburry. If anyone can compare both lasts?

Thanks in Advance.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

i came along this thread an wonder if anyone can give me an advice? I want to buy the Godfrey D Chelsea Boot, last 125.

Thanks in Advance.
I’d think same fit, I have some 125 lasted shoes and some c and j (maybe different last but I’ve 325 and 335) and I’d stay same size on both.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance.
Tetbury is on the 348 last if I'm not mistaken? I do take the same size in CJ 348 and Cheaney 125. 125 offers more space for the toes but is slightly narrower in the vamp/waist/heel. People with a wider foot often take G-width in 125 last but for feet with an average width 125F works out just fine.

CMR16

Reaction score
Hello gents, two quick questions.

One, what is the quality like with Cheaney's Herring Premier? Both the Chamberlain and the Churchill II's have caught my eye as possible expansions into my AE & Carmina centric rotation.

The other question is if anybody owns either model (or both) and could show me what they look like in the wild?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some fitting advice. I own a pair of Herring Churchill II on Cheaney 205 Last @ 6.5 F UK(standard width).
Am looking into getting a pair of John Lobb 7000 Last City II oxfords. Would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the Cheaney 205 last and JL 7000 last and can comment. Should I go for a 6.5 E in JL 7000 last?
Thanks guys!

Northants bloke

Reaction score
I have several pairs of 205s. Some them, I have sized up - borderline because they are sleek. I visited JL factory shop in Northampton once. They are no doubt lovely shoes but quite delicate/refined looking and double plus the price of Cheaney. I'm sorry I didn't study their lasts.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some fitting advice. I own a pair of Herring Churchill II on Cheaney 205 Last @ 6.5 F UK(standard width).
Am looking into getting a pair of John Lobb 7000 Last City II oxfords. Would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the Cheaney 205 last and JL 7000 last and can comment. Should I go for a 6.5 E in JL 7000 last?
Thanks guys!
I take the same size in both. Both lasts are slightly elongated and are similar in length. Maybe 205 last is a tad narrower but if it fits you well you'll definitely feel comfortable in JL 7000 last in the same size.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the same size in both. Both lasts are slightly elongated and are similar in length. Maybe 205 last is a tad narrower but if it fits you well you'll definitely feel comfortable in JL 7000 last in the same size.

Thank you Meyboom! I’m going to order the 6.5 E UK JL City II now.
Allen Edmonds lasts just don’t work for me. Need to upgrade...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads