• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chan Blazer

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You strike me as a very congenial and happy person. Don't ask me why I wrote that as I do not know.
smile.gif

It's the clothes, Ed, which maketh the man jolly beyond his station.
wink.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
VGent, that looks great! I'm not feeling the hat, but everything else is spot on. the blazer esp fits you phenomenally well.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Very nice.

I don't get those people who are violently against brass buttons...

Mentos

Reaction score
I think the brass button thing has been hashed out elsewhere, but I'll just say that when I had my jacket made, I thought that brass was associated with old men going through the motions. Lately, however, I've seen that they're much sharper than horn or mop. I may have mine switched out eventually.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A minor note: The tie bar seems to be throwing your tie of center. Are you clipping it to the shirt placket?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
A minor note: The tie bar seems to be throwing your tie of center. Are you clipping it to the shirt placket?

I am. Probably more a function, though, of being in a bit of a rush to get the photos taken and out the door this morning.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.
I wore my Broadstreets today too.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Gent, please do not, repeat NOT, post any more pictures of Chan jackets like that! It's just going to make the wait for us established Chanfans to get our garments longer!

Seriously, looks good.

Much to my surprise, I got my Chan "fall-winter-early spring" jacket, a Shetland tweed, on Monday, a month before Patrick had promised it to me. It's a great fit, but I have been waiting impatiently for the weather to cool down sufficiently for me to wear it.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Vintage Gent, please do not, repeat NOT, post any more pictures of Chan jackets like that! It's just going to make the wait for us established Chanfans to get our garments longer! Seriously, looks good. Much to my surprise, I got my Chan "fall-winter-early spring" jacket, a Shetland tweed, on Monday, a month before Patrick had promised it to me. It's a great fit, but I have been waiting impatiently for the weather to cool down sufficiently for me to wear it.
Jan, perhaps my Chan jacket will be waiting for me when I return from a week in Oklahoma, since we ordered the same day. Now I'm excited!! VG, you look very sharp! Even though I prefer smoked MOP blazer buttons, the shine on your brass buttons looks somewhat muted. I like your blazer.

rabbimark

Reaction score
blazer looks great and I do very much like the shirt-tie pairing. Not crazy about tie clips, but that's my thing, and the pocket silk seems to be asking for trouble. My preference is to peacock with only one piece, but again, that's my thing.

Most importantly, it looks like Chan has made you one happy fellow, and that's priceless! Enjoy in good health!

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Gent, please do not, repeat NOT, post any more pictures of Chan jackets like that! It's just going to make the wait for us established Chanfans to get our garments longer!

Seriously, looks good.

Aw shucks, Jan. Coming from a fellow Chaniac, that's high praise indeed. I'm fortunate, after three visits, to have the pattern down to my satisfaction, so I've been ordering via e-mail and fabric samples, which brings the wait down to 4-6 weeks.

Much to my surprise, I got my Chan "fall-winter-early spring" jacket, a Shetland tweed, on Monday, a month before Patrick had promised it to me. It's a great fit, but I have been waiting impatiently for the weather to cool down sufficiently for me to wear it.

Will we be seeing pictures?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads