1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chan Blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Distinguished Member

This is the last of my recent Chan purchases (to Mrs. Vintage Gent's great relief). I took delivery of it a few months ago and, with the new digital camera, am finally able to document it. (Ignore the slightly variant sleeve lengths; I had just put the jacket on and forgot to adjust them.)

It's two-button, single breasted with patch pockets and flat brass buttons. I know some in these precincts find brass blazer buttons anathema. But I like 'em, and would prefer this not become a referendum on their advisability. [​IMG]

The shirt is also Chan (as was the one I wore with the mohair DB). After reading Manton's book, I was inspired to add more checks to my shirt collection. The tie is Carlo Franco, the trousers Corneliani and the shoes Peal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

Very nice blazer. Seems to fit you well indeed.

I would request side and back photos as well.

I really like pairing that outfit with the spectators. Nice touch.

My only suggested change, and I know this is off-topic (my apologies) would be a grey snap brim fedora at a slightly rakish angle.

3. CitizenK

CitizenK Active Member

Vintage,

Your look is very stylish and urbane.

I would wager that you are the best dressed man in Galvez...

Regards!!!

4. Vintage Gent

My only suggested change, and I know this is off-topic (my apologies) would be a grey snap brim fedora at a slightly rakish angle.

I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.

5. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.

Ah yes, I forgot you were way down south, my bad.

6. DandySF

DandySF Senior Member

You've got just the right amount of break in your pants. I'm sure that the pants look good when either standing or walking. I know some people prefer a pant with no break. To me this looks OK when standing still; however, when walking the pants always seem too short, at least to my eye.

7. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

Very cool VG!
    Have you seen the new proposed linen and leather spectators with a bit more toe shape that Allen Edmonds is bringing out next spring?

8. Vintage Gent

Very cool VG!
    Have you seen the new proposed linen and leather spectators with a bit more toe shape that Allen Edmonds is bringing out next spring?

Ooh! I haven't. Do tell more.

9. Mentos

Mentos Senior Member

Looking good. I also had Chan make me a mod'd blazer a while back (badass zegna fabric, 3 b rolled, side vents, gray mop buttons, big pimpin'). It fits like a champ, but I'm humbled by vintage gent's accoutrement (sp), so I'll keep to myself. [​IMG]

10. Dragon

Dragon Distinguished Member

The blazer seems to have a nice fit, and I like the buttons too.

11. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Looks great on you VG, not that your hefty but this blazer seems to slim you down considerably compared to the DB.

12. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

I agree with whnay. That blazer with its waist suppression is very flattering on you. Two questions -- it looks like it has less roping than Chan's house default. Was that by your request? Also, what fabric did you select?

dan

13. aportnoy

aportnoy Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Spot-on and exceptionally spiffy VG! I like the brass buttons too.

14. Vintage Gent

I agree with whnay. That blazer with its waist suppression is very flattering on you. Two questions -- it looks like it has less roping than Chan's house default. Was that by your request? Also, what fabric did you select?

Thanks, Dan.

I didn't ask for less roping, but, you're right, it does have a bit less than my Chan suit jackets. I did, however, ask for more open quarters than my two previous SBs.

The fabric was a VBC 10oz.

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

great jacket and fit. The overall look just work on so many levels. You strike me as a very congenial and happy person. Don't ask me why I wrote that as I do not know. [​IMG]