• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chan Blazer

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the last of my recent Chan purchases (to Mrs. Vintage Gent's great relief). I took delivery of it a few months ago and, with the new digital camera, am finally able to document it. (Ignore the slightly variant sleeve lengths; I had just put the jacket on and forgot to adjust them.)

It's two-button, single breasted with patch pockets and flat brass buttons. I know some in these precincts find brass blazer buttons anathema. But I like 'em, and would prefer this not become a referendum on their advisability.
smile.gif

The shirt is also Chan (as was the one I wore with the mohair DB). After reading Manton's book, I was inspired to add more checks to my shirt collection. The tie is Carlo Franco, the trousers Corneliani and the shoes Peal.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice blazer. Seems to fit you well indeed.

I would request side and back photos as well.

I really like pairing that outfit with the spectators. Nice touch.

My only suggested change, and I know this is off-topic (my apologies) would be a grey snap brim fedora at a slightly rakish angle.

CitizenK

Reaction score
Vintage,

Your look is very stylish and urbane.

I would wager that you are the best dressed man in Galvez...

Regards!!!

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
My only suggested change, and I know this is off-topic (my apologies) would be a grey snap brim fedora at a slightly rakish angle.

I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.

Ah yes, I forgot you were way down south, my bad.

DandySF

Reaction score
You've got just the right amount of break in your pants. I'm sure that the pants look good when either standing or walking. I know some people prefer a pant with no break. To me this looks OK when standing still; however, when walking the pants always seem too short, at least to my eye.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Very cool VG!
Have you seen the new proposed linen and leather spectators with a bit more toe shape that Allen Edmonds is bringing out next spring?

Ooh! I haven't. Do tell more.

Mentos

Reaction score
Looking good. I also had Chan make me a mod'd blazer a while back (badass zegna fabric, 3 b rolled, side vents, gray mop buttons, big pimpin'). It fits like a champ, but I'm humbled by vintage gent's accoutrement (sp), so I'll keep to myself.
smile.gif

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blazer seems to have a nice fit, and I like the buttons too.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks great on you VG, not that your hefty but this blazer seems to slim you down considerably compared to the DB.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with whnay. That blazer with its waist suppression is very flattering on you. Two questions -- it looks like it has less roping than Chan's house default. Was that by your request? Also, what fabric did you select?

dan

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spot-on and exceptionally spiffy VG! I like the brass buttons too.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
I agree with whnay. That blazer with its waist suppression is very flattering on you. Two questions -- it looks like it has less roping than Chan's house default. Was that by your request? Also, what fabric did you select?

Thanks, Dan.

I didn't ask for less roping, but, you're right, it does have a bit less than my Chan suit jackets. I did, however, ask for more open quarters than my two previous SBs.

The fabric was a VBC 10oz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads