• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are a few autocrosses in the area over the next few weeks. I really want to go to one, but I don't think I'll be able to because I should do all the maintenance stuff on the miata first. So much sad...

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 718 looks awesome and sadly, I've never driven one. Porsche keeps making badass go karts for adults.

@ etc - try to hit one up. You can just do one session and you'll learn a lot that will help a ton.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few autocrosses in the area over the next few weeks. I really want to go to one, but I don't think I'll be able to because I should do all the maintenance stuff on the miata first. So much sad...
I don't really like autocross but my wife does. I've done a few at Porsche events, but I had a lot more fun on the race track. I can see how tracking a car can be addictive, but it can also be expensive (tires, brakes, upgrades, etc) and does beat the sh*t out of a nice car. An acquaintance luckily had track insurance because he put a Porsche 993 into a wall and totaled it about 4 months ago!
The 718 looks awesome and sadly, I've never driven one. Porsche keeps making badass go karts for adults.
They do make some cool adult go carts! Driving the various cars on the track you can see why someone would be dramatically faster on a track if a car has PDK rather than a manual transmission, but I still like to row my own gears.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If MB had something between the E300 and AMG E63 that would probably be my preferred choice. Maybe I'm just, as you say, boring but I won't just roll over on my opinions just like you won't on yours.

E43 AMG should be coming out soon.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't really like autocross but my wife does. I've done a few at Porsche events, but I had a lot more fun on the race track. I can see how tracking a car can be addictive, but it can also be expensive (tires, brakes, upgrades, etc) and does beat the sh*t out of a nice car. An acquaintance luckily had track insurance because he put a Porsche 993 into a wall and totaled it about 4 months ago!

Another reason to do autocross.

A couple of minute runs won't destroy your tires and brakes. More than normal, sure, but it's nothing like running aggressive laps!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Tesla should just have an optional piped in engine sound like some Beemers already do.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As long as the cabin is insulated enough to keep the noise pollution inside.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the 718 styling esp in the rear but the turbo 4 banger is a complete nonstarter.
I don't love its styling at the moment, but it may eventually grow on me. The 4 banger is a bit tough to swallow, when a well equipped 718 Boxster S is sitting on the showroom floor for better than $90K.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something about being $9k under the market valuation screams "salvage title" or something beneath the surface that you won't want to deal with...

I like the 718 styling esp in the rear but the turbo 4 banger is a complete nonstarter.

I don't love its styling at the moment, but it may eventually grow on me.  The 4 banger is a bit tough to swallow, when a well equipped 718 Boxster S is sitting on the showroom floor for better than $90K.  

I liked the short-lived 981 Boxster quite a bit, still retains the 6 and has most of the latest styling cues that still feel fresh. I just don't see how too many people are out there willing to shell out $90k for a 4 banger Porsche, or even $60k tbh.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

As long as the cabin is insulated enough to keep the noise pollution inside.

If society can withstand the trunk full of sub-woofers phenomena it will manage through EV recorded engine noise.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't love its styling at the moment, but it may eventually grow on me. The 4 banger is a bit tough to swallow, when a well equipped 718 Boxster S is sitting on the showroom floor for better than $90K.

LS swap!

Something about being $9k under the market valuation screams "salvage title" or something beneath the surface that you won't want to deal with...

It's an automatic.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads