• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Speaking of the 918, I think I mentioned a long time ago that I somehow got on a solicitation list to buy one of them. To be clear, this was a mistake as I am nowhere close to being able to afford something like that - but it was nice to get the little trinkets in the mail. They sent me an invite to drive it accompanied by a factory test driver (was too embarrassed to actually do this), a pen, a fake wheel center cap, a 918 book and a glass standup model. They also offered me the option to purchase a Porsche Exclusive Turbo S to match the 918 - it was a bit amusing, you ordered it by ticking off an option box like you're speccing a leather interior or something.

Anyway, when I was looking for my GT4 allocation I found out that there was another huge fringe benefit to buying a 918. Each owner was also offered the opportunity to buy ANY future Porsche model they wanted - they go right to the top of the list for an allocation. No wonder it was next to impossible to get GT3RS allocations!!

If i could find the capital, it would have been great to buy a 918 and GT3 RS, drive them for a few hundred miles and make a million dollars flipping them

You didn't know this re: the allocations?

That gulf 918 is official and so is that wanna be bugatti blue. I'd probably opt for black or a slate grayish hue.

SomethingWitty

Reaction score

That gulf 918 is official and so is that wanna be bugatti blue. I'd probably opt for black or a slate grayish hue.

But it doesn't have a manual, so...

The Porsche VIP programme was a late addition to the 918 process and used as an incentive to push sales. Anyone that took the plunge has likely done very well for it, but it's not entirely straightforward. There are various hold periods that if met, allow the owner to maintain their VIP status. The 918s are just starting to clear the first hold hurdle, so there should be more coming on market as owners can take some money off the table while maintaining their VIP status... 911R, mmmmmmm

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's like 30 GT3RS' on eBay.

Is anyone actually buying these things to drive, or is everyone just so gung-ho about making a quick $100k on the flip?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't know it while they were offering me a 918. Maybe if I had actually attended one of the events they would have pitched it then

Not that I would have found a way to easily raise a million bucks anyway.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't know it while they were offering me a 918. Maybe if I had actually attended one of the events they would have pitched it then

Not that I would have found a way to easily raise a million bucks anyway.

Didn't you just have to put down a downpayment and then pay in full later?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Garbage automatic transmissions.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new GTC4 Lusso. Absolutely stunning IMO.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Moar about the 918 VIP program:

0.jpg

I enjoy this guy's channel and have been subscribed for awhile. He has an impressive garage. He's also very entertaining and seems incredibly down to earth.

Last edited:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Moar about the 918 VIP program:

I enjoy this guy's channel and have been subscribed for awhile. He has an impressive garage. He's also very entertaining and seems incredibly down to earth. 

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Definitely my favourite video of his

Was certainly a strenuous "stiffness" test for me

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ My god she is fugly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads