• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on X3? Plan on test driving one for Mrs. Piob this weekend or next. She says she wants something smaller than the GLE (former ML class) this time around.

I think it's a PoS for the money they're asking.

BMW is confusing me right now. They make a 140k hybrid that sucks across the board, a crappy SUV/SAV lineup with the exception of the X5. A confusing 3/4 lineup where I'd take an optioned out 320i over the others. A city car that looks hideous in the i3. A 5 that has somewhat improved EPS than when it first came out, but still not great.

Then they round that out with two absolutely brilliant series in the M3/M4 and the 7.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one of those 3-series GT cars on the drive in this morning. Someone at BMW is making some crappy calls as the 5-series GT was bad then they decided the 3-series version makes just as much sense.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 5-GT was bad but I dig the 3-GT.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is the 3 GT longer than the 3 wagon? Doesn't make sense.

Not a huge fan of the current 3 wagon though...the back has something ugly about it, like it borrows too much from the SUVs:

I like hatchbacks and sport wagons a lot...but these aren't really doing it for me.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 5-GT was bad but I dig the 3-GT.

I doesn't look like that in person. This one had very small 3-series wheels and that odd spoiler extended because you need a spoiler at 25mph...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I think it's a PoS for the money they're asking.

I just loaded up an X3 with the 4 banger and even the inflated bullshit lease calculator on their site spit back a number in the $550 range. GLE (old ML) and the new Volvo XC90 you're looking $900.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The x3 is just a lifted 3 series, so you have to compare it to that.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just loaded up an X3 with the 4 banger and even the inflated bullshit lease calculator on their site spit back a number in the $550 range. GLE (old ML) and the new Volvo XC90 you're looking $900.

I was more referring to the fit and finish and handling for the price they're asking.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I was more referring to the fit and finish and handling for the price they're asking.

Ah. Yeah, I've never been happy with BMW's finish, or at least in the one's I've been in. I hope their big 700 and even 500 class stuff is better than what I've seen.

As to handling, well...if she wants a little smaller than now, and it costs me a lot less...I'm not complaining.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Ah. Yeah, I've never been happy with BMW's finish, or at least in the one's I've been in. I hope their big 700 and even 500 class stuff is better than what I've seen.

As to handling, well...if she wants a little smaller than now, and it costs me a lot less...I'm not complaining.

What about the Q3? The prestige Q3 with AWD is about $600/mo with nothing down on their lease calculator with 3-year/36k miles.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

What about the Q3?  The prestige Q3 with AWD is about $600/mo with nothing down on their lease calculator with 3-year/36k miles.

Is't that even smaller? I remember us testing the Q5 and thought that was quite small enough last lease cycle. Also, the BMW goes much better unless they upgraded the Audi's engine. Electronics was nice though, if I remember right, and same with fit and finish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads