• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not that into Porsche aside from the top models.

You might be selling yourself short, considering the Macan has had nothing but amazing reviews so far. And I would expect the Macan to drive 100x better than it's BMW and MBZ counterparts.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pio, I have a tl but really don't like it that much. It's a sturdy car drivetrain wise, but everything else is cheap.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pio, I have a tl but really don't like it that much. It's a sturdy car drivetrain wise, but everything else is cheap.

I noticed this when I test drove the TL. The driving dynamics weren't too bad but the interior felt very Honda.

It was a noticeable upgrade going with the RL as far as fit and finish. So much quieter and more refined. Excellent mid luxury cruiser.

The nice thing is in either case we can probably drive the Acura's for a LONG time due the excellent reliability.

Why not ditch the repairs, sell the car at a discount, and buy a used honda civic (late 90s) for $500-$1000 on Craigslist?

Speaking of Honda reliability. My cousin has a 2006 Civc he got for $2.5k with 120k miles about 4 years ago. He fixed the AC on his own to get it working again and has put on another 80k miles. Just replaced the head gasket himself for very little cost and was an easy driveway job; still going strong.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

RX 350 F-sport = Lexus.

I put it on a par with the ML 350s she had for her two cars prior to that, and like I said, at a 40% discount = ftw.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I noticed this when I test drove the TL. The driving dynamics weren't too bad but the interior felt very Honda.

It was a noticeable upgrade going with the RL as far as fit and finish. So much quieter and more refined. Excellent mid luxury cruiser.

The nice thing is in either case we can probably drive the Acura's for a LONG time due the excellent reliability.
Speaking of Honda reliability. My cousin has a 2006 Civc he got for $2.5k with 120k miles about 4 years ago. He fixed the AC on his own to get it working again and has put on another 80k miles. Just replaced the head gasket himself for very little cost and was an easy driveway job; still going strong.

Yep. My friend has an early 2000s civic with 200k miles and it's never had any catastrophic issues. He also treats it like **** and hasn't gotten his CEL checked for at least a year. Obviously could lead to a major repair, but that speaks volumes of how robust the civic is.

It also gets 38 mpg to boot on the highway. If I needed a daily driver, I'd probably get a used Si, though I'm not sure if the regular civic's reliability extends to the Si's platform.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
one of the simpler pleasures of these cooler months is how much better your car drives - it's like another 5-10 hp

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of trouble am I getting myself into with a 45k mile '08 M3 (manual; loaded)?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I went with the E92; it seemed most reliable of anything I considered.

I got ZCP wheels on, had tint removed, OEM muffler got hollowed; LCI tails and spacers are on order, and I am gonna do Pro-Kits. Done after that for the most part.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

What kind of trouble am I getting myself into with a 45k mile '08 M3 (manual; loaded)?

Re-read this thread and pay attention to the BMW, specifically the M3 and the ZHP posts, realize these guys are pretty good guys vs. the usual douche driving an M3, and decide from there.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks great.

I did some Googling. Sounds like the E9x was one of the most reliable BMW's of that era, on par with the regular 3-series'. Interesting stuff.

This is the car in question:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's one of the reasons why I went with the E92; it seemed most reliable of anything I considered.

I got ZCP wheels on, had tint removed, OEM muffler got hollowed; LCI tails and spacers are on order, and I am gonna do Pro-Kits. Done after that for the most part.

ZCP wheels and LCIs are a must -- nicely done.

Eibachs FTW! I'm lowered on Eibachs myself.

:slayer:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Looks great.

I did some Googling. Sounds like the E9x was one of the most reliable BMW's of that era, on par with the regular 3-series'. Interesting stuff.

This is the car in question:

The E92 M3 looks fantastic in Alpine White.

Deets on the car in question? Price? Previous owners?

Looks like it's been lowered. Any other mods?

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
wtf are lci tail lights?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Life Cycle Impulse -- i.e., the LED tail lights that came with '10+ models. The below image states they came starting in 2011, but that is incorrect.

And for the E90s:

106402d1274117483-e90-facelift-09-bmw-e90-lci-back.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads