1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I'd say it's a good plan and you have a good relationship with your MB dealership it seems. I don't think they'll screw you on residual/MF or if you purchase it, the price.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

So your baseline for whether or not you can enjoy something, is whether or not the person, is nice or not, you must have the hardest time listening to music, watching movies or tv.

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I think of Clarkson as an entertainer first and foremost, not an authority figure on car reviews.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  4. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I can suspend disbelief and watch a movie. Blatantly lying about the Tesla and one of the most sacred times in motorsports to the point where you pretend you were better than one of the most talented drivers in the world and editing that footage makes him a scumbag.

Excluding his personal life, he delivered a ton of misinformation within the show itself.

He got what was coming to him.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The Tesla review was to make a point, about the issues with electric powered car, having to charge it and the fact the UK use coal power, sometimes you have to overstate things to make your point.

I don't know anyone who has bought or not bought a Tesla based on that review.

The 9:59 lap was 40sec slower than hers, so I don't know where that comes from.

The show has been canceled, which means the biggest car show has gone and I don't think it will comeback, nor will we see a replacement, on the same level.

6. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

The 9:59 was faked. They put him at the bridge with the timer set at a certain a time to make it look like he just beat 10 minutes. Sabine and anyone that works at the ring will confirm that. I've been there twice and Sabine said it to my face about feeling betrayed.

Elon posted all the telemetry from how the Tesla story was staged. Every Tesla monitors everything - I know that because I have a Tesla. Clarkson was grade C scumbag.

7. evolved

evolved Senior member

100% agreed.

I enjoyed the ridiculous comparisons, cheesy comedy and the like. I particularly liked their cross country ventures...the arctic, India, South America, and the like.

They had, what seemed, about 20% actual car reviewing, which is fine by me. If I wanted a good break down of the car, you could read the Top Gear magazine.

If all of this is true, it's a sad day to see that show cease to exist.

8. mimo

mimo Senior member

I would expect a very similar show called "Clarkson on Cars" or just "Clarkson" to debut on Sky TV in about six months!

In the mean time, I really do want a Cayman...

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Spoken by a true authority figure.

I see no news anywhere that he quit. All I see is that the remainder of the season has been cancelled.

Tesla didn't deserve that treatment. Clarkson hates everything hybrid or electric, which he has stated many times. It was a hatchet job.

I'm sure most of those dumb races were faked too.

I'm sorta glad the show is gone, and hopefully Clarkson with it. If a new show emerges, I hope it's with May, Hammond and Chris Harris.

Clarkson never made me laugh. Ever. May was the only funny one. Hammond's delivery was awful.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yes, I would be a true authority figure on my own thoughts and perceptions.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

This made my palms sweaty

mom's spaghetti

13. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

14. dcg

dcg Senior member

2 people like this.
  15. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I'm glad there are still intelligent and observant people on these forums. The linked article had nothing to with his current situation. The only constant is he was a lying jerk back then and is still a lying jerk.

16. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

you guys mean to tell me that the race where a car raced a parkour runner across London and where they finished within split seconds of each other was faked???

17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I don't get how there aren't more accidents. Ridiculously good driving.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I get how Sabine would be upset - she's a race car driver and they obviously take an immense amount of pride in their lap times and records - but do we viewers have any reason to be pissed if TG fabricated things? Like the others said, I thought it was very clearly a silly entertainment show that featured really cool cars doing interesting things in great places.

19. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Newcastle is looking quite tropical. Lovely NSX BTW.