• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
I Love 19Bozzy92 and Gumbal the same. Both great channels for motorsport content.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an idea...someone should run a “Legends” F1 season where they race the same tracks with the old cars. McLaren, Ferrari and Williams still have their old ones, so we just need to find all the crusty collectors who are hoarding the Tyrells and Benettons and Lotuses.

it would be prohibitively expensive and I wouldn’t want to do it ifit couldn’t be done with acceptable safety for the drivers, but I would enjoy this most of all.

Actually I bet someone already tried to do this and lost their shirts

They already do it...it's called the Monaco Historic Grand Prix. They run various classes, cars of depending on the decade of production. I've seen it on one of the car channels, either the old Speed Network or Motor Trend TV several about 5 to 6 years ago. They do fewer laps than a real F1 race, but it is fun to watch. However, its a sport for kings...IIRC, my wife and I were watching when I 1970s Lotus and Ferrari collided and I think they said that's about $ 3-4 million dollars of wreckage.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Around 1979 I saw Phil Hill win the Monterey Historic at Laguna Seca driving his 1931 4 1/2 litre “Blower” Bentley.

This one, I think:

0B2D9378-D202-4BBC-B94E-78708F6A0585.jpeg

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
On the topic of race machines...

Favorite F1 Car since a little boy. And always loved the guy that drove it. Dale JR too. Didnt find out about Senna til i was 17 playing Gran Turismo

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an idea...someone should run a “Legends” F1 season where they race the same tracks with the old cars. McLaren, Ferrari and Williams still have their old ones, so we just need to find all the crusty collectors who are hoarding the Tyrells and Benettons and Lotuses.

it would be prohibitively expensive and I wouldn’t want to do it ifit couldn’t be done with acceptable safety for the drivers, but I would enjoy this most of all.

Actually I bet someone already tried to do this and lost their shirts
They do this at CoTA for the US GP using cars that ran with the Cosworth DFV V8. Those cars are so ******* loud I had to buy ear plugs sitting in the main grandstand.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lulz @ Subaru. They are firm at $675 a month, taxes in (8%.) This is for a 43k car with 1.4k of dealer adds that has a 63% residual and a .0014 MF. At full list the math says $601. I thanked him for his time and told him to let his sales manager know he just blew me off the lot and I'd make sure to let other folks know the dealership tries to get over MSRP. He apologized and "will get back to me."

**** them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads