• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That ones a bit of a holy grail...the CSI is basically a highly limited edition secret M8. And this one is Individual exterior and interior, I think.

I’ve seen that guy Alec Cartio many times on auctions...he seems to have his hands on every CSI

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's not even the "real deal", it's modified (body only) isn't the "real deal" has close to 400hp? this is per description

"
The rebuilt 5.5-liter V8 features Bosch KE-Jetronic fuel injection and was factory-rated at 238 horsepower with 287 lb-ft of torque. A custom stainless-steel exhaust has been fitted, and the rear wheels are driven through a four-speed automatic transmission.
"

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
The engine goes out on my car, shes getting 560 Swapped (M117).... probably wont even wait until then.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who said anything about upset? It was a general statement Dino, not targeted at you or anyone in specific. I just chose to reply to your post to give my 2 cents, as it pertained to the NSX

Sorry if I misunderstood you. When you quoted my post rather than simply replying in general, it looked like you were specifically directing your issues about NSX hating toward me. Thanks for clarifying...I can definitely say that I like the original NSX far more than the BMW 850i/850CSi ;)

Is the F50 more F1 inspired than the Enzo? (was wondering why you guys started bringing up the F50)

People brought up the F50 because the engine used in it was derived from a F1 Ferrari V12 engine.

The Enzo was much softer and better suited on the road. I speak from experience on that one. Personally though, I’d choose the F40 over the F50 everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. It’s infinitely more visceral & engaging, again speaking from experience.

Agreed, I'll F40 over an F50 also.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I misunderstood you. When you quoted my post rather than simply replying in general, it looked like you were specifically directing your issues about NSX hating toward me. Thanks for clarifying...I can definitely say that I like the original NSX far more than the BMW 850i/850CSi ;)

People brought up the F50 because the engine used in it was derived from a F1 Ferrari V12 engine.

Agreed, I'll F40 over an F50 also.

No worries.

Definitely an engine from a period of F1 where the engines didn’t sound like a handful of bolts inside a blender, but a sound that could’ve easily been created by God then man

Case in point

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite an interesting find at Denny’s of all places. He was there much longer then we were and he was far from handicap, nor did he have the tags. I guess the douchebag spots were all taken

0188DB30-EBE6-47E2-B459-B748B16A016B.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Driving a Highlander next weekend. :(

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This YouTube channel has really great recordings of lots of race cars including lots of Ferraris. The ones he records binaurally are incredible if you listen to them with headphones, because it often sounds like you're there. Here's one example:

You can compare V8, V10, and V12 engines in this video:

I've found that Sennheiser HD800s, which are unfortunately very expensive, have the best effect, but you should get pretty good results with any over-the-ear (circumaural) headphones like the HD6xx from Sennheiser. Ear buds won't work as well, but will still have some of the effect.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We also may need to find an expert on vintage car phone maintenance.

-x3J_88Wr5F.jpg

The day I started to hear people refer to things from the 90's as "vintage" I started to feel old. :(

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This YouTube channel has really great recordings of lots of race cars including lots of Ferraris. The ones he records binaurally are incredible if you listen to them with headphones, because it often sounds like you're there. Here's one example:

You can compare V8, V10, and V12 engines in this video:

I've found that Sennheiser HD800s, which are unfortunately very expensive, have the best effect, but you should get pretty good results with any over-the-ear (circumaural) headphones like the HD6xx from Sennheiser. Ear buds won't work as well, but will still have some of the effect.

I have an idea...someone should run a “Legends” F1 season where they race the same tracks with the old cars. McLaren, Ferrari and Williams still have their old ones, so we just need to find all the crusty collectors who are hoarding the Tyrells and Benettons and Lotuses.

it would be prohibitively expensive and I wouldn’t want to do it ifit couldn’t be done with acceptable safety for the drivers, but I would enjoy this most of all.

Actually I bet someone already tried to do this and lost their shirts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads