• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yea, but it would then be the new norm as "we die", literally...

A friend of mine with a nice "Porsche-centric" collection (Two 3.2 Carreras, a 944 Turbo, a 987 Cayman S, a 981 Boxster Spyder, a Macan Turbo, and a Ferrari 308GTS) recently drove a Taycan and he said he was thoroughly impressed and thought it was tremendous fun. He said its a different experience than ICE Porsches, but that he would gladly own one in the future.

For folks who already find most new ICE cars too boring, hard to see how going electric could improve things.

I think the Taycan is a huge achievement, but I’d like it a lot more if it had a proper Porsche flat-six instead of batteries. A smaller, lighter Panamera with a lower center of gravity. Would be quite something.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Starting to really look for a replacement to my M2. Every passenger complains about the stiffness and I had my fun for 18 months and am bored with it.

I’m likely going to buy/finance instead of lease, because I’ll get too bored before 36 months. Probably going to go AWD, but not married to it.

I’m all over the place with my test drives that are scheduled: E63s(little too big, but that exhaust and ride quality are nice), F-type R (exhaust and looks, pretty comfortable gt car), whatever 911 AWD I can get below $90k that is CPO’d (because Porsche).

outside possibilities: GT500 (can get an allocation) or new C8. Though fitting snows on these will be tough and incredibly impractical.

I recently changed jobs and now meet with a lot of clients at their homes in Westchester and Fairfield. I’d prefer a little more compliant ride than my M2.

I’m sure I’m missing some obvious cars: budget is $90k-ish, need to be able to fit snows on it, will likely get it wrapped, don’t want a boat (unless it’s an E63).

Everything I've read about the F-Type is you don't want the R as a daily (the same stiff ride + extremely loud). The 380HP V6 is supposed to be the sweet spot for daily.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read about the F-Type is you don't want the R as a daily (the same stiff ride + extremely loud). The 380HP V6 is supposed to be the sweet spot for daily.
Yeah, I’ve read that too. I really just want a V8 for absolutely no logical reason whatsoever.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what AMG are doing. Keep the V8, add electric motors, jack the HP from 630 to 800. Achtung!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t you have a C63? Worth it? I haven’t driven one since the 6.2L one
I do. I have the 4 liter biturbo. I like it. It actually gets decent gas mileage when I'm not MOAR POWER BROW!!! on the roads.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For folks who already find most new ICE cars too boring, hard to see how going electric could improve things.

I think the Taycan is a huge achievement, but I’d like it a lot more if it had a proper Porsche flat-six instead of batteries. A smaller, lighter Panamera with a lower center of gravity. Would be quite something.

Well, I haven't driven one, but it could be the type of vehicle one has to drive to appreciate. I can recall a few friends who were used to driving front engine sports cars, who really didn't understand what they consider hype regarding driving Porsches (mid engine or rear engine) was until they actually drove one. You can explain it, but there are some things a person has to experience in order to understand what makes a car or other item different from its competitors.

My friend was incredibly impressed. That said, he did admit that if he could only own one car, it would be one of his analog cars and not the Taycan.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh if you want to be practical, Lexus GS F? It’s probably going to be no faster than your M2 but it’s N/A, a sedan, and presumably a reliable one...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just read something in CarBuzz, you know that awful app with delinquent trolls in the comment section. “Subaru WRX & STI will at the very least, be hybrids, most likely plug-in hybrids”. Many other sources confirm it, but hoping it’s all BS.

I know that’s a decade away and things could change, but that took me by surprise. Makes me kinda proud to be a future owner of an STI that only gets 22MPG on the highway.

Maybe I’ll get a decal made or buy something like this:

14825D64-3C8E-46DD-8BE7-B71CEC469D6C.jpeg

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Technically speaking tho. . . If you put a "Big Ol" Electric Motor in a Subaru,(Gc8) with the battery packs in the floor. and/or the trunk to offset weight? It would be a wicked fast, capable tarmac smasher.

-Gonna have a drink and forget i said that. :lookaround:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Can lower the CG but won’t lower weight, no?
Yeah, it's the lightest weight Sti.
I imagine it would feel like being a Lego man taped to a slot car.

But any pre 2008? Sti would be a good swap. because of the engine location, and symmetrical driveline. it would just. Fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads