• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3901.JPG
IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3856.JPG

For our S2000 fans here are a few that attended our local Sunday morning car meet. Notice the black one is a JDM right hand drive car. Even had a plate JDMS2K. The driver was an lady with lots of tattoos... being a woman might explain the sparkling steering wheel. I also included a few photos of other cars that attended. Cheers!

Big Bird

Reaction score
I drove a 2013 A8 (same generation as the 2015 but without the facelift) for about a year (2013-2014) and was quite happy with it. It had the smaller 3.0 TDI which was standard for the European market back then. The engine was sufficient but not exciting. The only problem I had was a squeaking noise from the air suspension. The sound was more pronounced cold winter mornings. I handed the car back before the first service so I never found out what the cause was.

I saw the new 2018 A8 a couple of weeks ago. I am not a fan of the new exterior styling but the inside is fantastic! I rarely get that must-have-craving but in this case I got it. Unfortunately it will be too pricy for my company’s car budget. Today I drive a 2017 A6 Allroad which I am extremely happy with. I have already driven more than 15,000 km on snowy winter roads (most of it above the Arctic Circle) and for those road conditions the A6 Allroad with its adaptable air suspension is hard to beat. I will post a picture of it later.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest acquisition. Take delivery next week. Thrilled to say the least. My 2011 C2S has been a phenomenal car, but the past few months I've been craving a more raw experience. For the most part, I figured I was hooped given the stratospheric rise in the price of 997 GT cars (especially Canadian cars). This car, however, popped up for sale last week with a very reasonable asking price. 0 overrevs. Full service history. Passed PPI with flying colours. Needless to say, I pounced on it.

20842037_10154870421008030_8880454429939271195_n (1).jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is AWESOME. And you got the best color too :lol:

The C2S is a fine car, but you're in a totally different ballgame now. Do you plan to daily drive it?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is AWESOME. And you got the best color too :lol:

The C2S is a fine car, but you're in a totally different ballgame now. Do you plan to daily drive it?

Thank you. Black would have been nice (or Guards Red) so it wouldn't be 2 white 997s in a row, but beggars can't be choosers.

I took delivery of the car the other day. Never driven a GT3 (only a 991 GT3RS). Not sure what to expect. Drove it home in rush hour traffic. Heavy clutch. Doesn't like it when the revs to fall under 4,000 RPM. Doesn't even sound as good as my C2S w/ Sharkwerks exhaust. No chance I'm daily driving this thing. Immediate buyer's remorse.

Then I had a chance to open it up on a straight, empty road. Sport mode on. The car just sings from 4k to redline (flappers open at 3,000 RPM). This feels different than my C2S. This is workable. Buyer's remorse is somewhat subsided. Still not convinced I made the right move, but this is promising.

Then I did a mountain/canyon run.

Oh. My. God.

The grip. The handling. The turn-in. The power. Everything. What a car. I wish I was more eloquent but I struggle to find words to describe just how good of a car this is. You were 100% right--it IS a completely different ballgame from the C2S.

Do I plan to daily drive it? Undecided. The car isn't as hard to drive in the city as some made it out to be. The clutch isn't unbearably heavy, nor is the suspension unbearably stiff. The car, however, just does not want to be driven under 4,000 RPM. But bottom line--the car is amazing.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New here, I'm 42 now but I made a smart choice at 16 (for $2,500 1992 dollars) and I still have it

mustang.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I plan to daily drive it? Undecided. The car isn't as hard to drive in the city as some made it out to be. The clutch isn't unbearably heavy, nor is the suspension unbearably stiff. The car, however, just does not want to be driven under 4,000 RPM. But bottom line--the car is amazing.

Whether to daily drive it probably depends on your commute, commute time (what is traffic like), and how good or bad your roads are in terms of smoothness. I know a few guys that own GT3s and they love it for weekend driving and a few guys have tracked them and had fun doing that. Some of them tried using them as daily drivers, but they felt the cars were too harsh and track oriented for that. They found the suspension way too stiff for their daily commutes, the front way to low to handle speed bumps they hadn't anticipated, the clutch heavy enough to make stop and go traffic a b*itch. You may be younger than these guys so maybe what you can deal with for a daily driver is different, and maybe your roads are better than ours here in New England. Most of the guys I know have another vehicle (often another Porsche that is less track oriented), so they mostly use their GT3 on weekends or days off. Maybe you should consider finding a less expensive car for daily driving. Anyway, congrats on the GT3 and I hope whether or not it becomes a daily driver you enjoy driving it (be it daily or a weekend fun toy)!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gt3 is awesome, dumb question how did you know if someone over rev it, it's actually stored?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I daily drove my GT3 for a year and a half. It's workable but the thing is like a caged beast when you do...it actually drives like it's upset with you for making it put up with this ****.

But it's too good not to drive as much as possible, even if it's just the random freeway on ramp or unexpectedly curvy empty road.

I see you're already acquainted with Sharky...I would recommend your first discretionary expense be a center bypass exhaust. If you think it sounds glorious now....

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The Darkness?

Had a hiccup with the clear coat. Had to take it back down to Base. And rethink the colour scheme.

Almost back to smooth.
DSC_0141.JPG
DSC_0139.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads