• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yea Bently's are a madhouse. Get a Lexus LS 400, take a road trip in one and it will get ya at an emotional level. They are great. How about a luxury infinity barge? Q45 Q40 etc

View attachment 822405

As a former mechanic, i would walk away from any VW platform car. or late Volvo. customers would bring them in for something different every few weeks. and it's the parts that drain your wallet. not that they are hard to work on.

@Coldsnap the V8 Nissans are known to lose oil. but are cool when they have the right owner, i guess most cars are. some cars have an Aura. a presence. and often that is an extension of the driver. setting it apart from identical cars.

Totally agree, the LS400's might seem bland at a glance. but they get under your skin,and the cult following is deserved. mrs V hated it until she rode in it. so anxious to get it home.....

but for those shopping? found a really nice one. best i have seen on CL.
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/2o00-lexus-lselderly/6224195718.html
some new wheels, and that is a sweet ride.:nodding:

@Medwed the facelift models with vvti have pioneer premium stereos.

props for taste in cars guys . :fistbump:

Last edited:

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Phaeton and it was a great car back in 2005, the problem for anyone in the USA is that they stopped importing them a long time before VW stopped making them so they will have all of the trouble of the old Bentley and no benefit.

In the UK the A8 and Merc CL are seriously under-priced second hand.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts here on the phantom 8 reveal? I know it was a couple days ago
rolls-royce-phantom-86.jpg

rolls-royce-phantom-77.jpg
rolls-royce-phantom-87.jpg

rolls-royce-phantom-82.jpg

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm driving a Maserati QP Sports GTS 2010. My wife now has the babymobile/ SUV and so I can change to a smaller car. My dream car has been a Maserati GT (I just like the front grille etc) but moving up to a more recent GT is expensive. An alternative put to me was a 2016 Ghibli. I test drove one yesterday, and it was very meh. It's not difficult to see why 4.7 v8 440ish bhp vs 3.0 v6 twin turbo 345bhp, but I expected a bit more from a Maserati. I'm probably going to stick with my current car which I like except for the occasional issue with the clock resetting on ignition, and also sticky plastic bits.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm driving a Maserati QP Sports GTS 2010. My wife now has the babymobile/ SUV and so I can change to a smaller car. My dream car has been a Maserati GT (I just like the front grille etc) but moving up to a more recent GT is expensive. An alternative put to me was a 2016 Ghibli. I test drove one yesterday, and it was very meh. It's not difficult to see why 4.7 v8 440ish bhp vs 3.0 v6 twin turbo 345bhp, but I expected a bit more from a Maserati. I'm probably going to stick with my current car which I like except for the occasional issue with the clock resetting on ignition, and also sticky plastic bits.

If you're having overall good luck with your QP then keep it. The few guys I know that have owned GTs or Ghiblis have had lots of issues with them. The Ghibli owner dumped his car after a little more than a year.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
New Rolls is garbage.

maserati are :drool:

no idea why. i know they are unreliable. but omg. they are like my flava of a ferrari. decadent in styling.
always wanted a 3200GT still do. but at the price and condition available now? best to modify it. :dozingoff:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a GT3200, I loved it. Great styling and had a bit of oomph. Leather trim inside was a bit bubbly in a couple of areas but I liked the care still. But I got side-swiped by a fire engine, and it was never the same after that.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must speak up for the Ghibli (this seems to be a thread referencing all my old cars). I had one for 3 years and apart from reversing into the post van which was my fault it was relatively if not entirely problem free.

Currently I am driving a Tesla S which out performs any car I have had on acceleration (except the Caterham) by seconds.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
only.... now you are driving an appliance.....

:rolleyes2:

2 years in that, and i bet you a beer you will want a 5spd corolla with itb's. or an old euro.
driving is visceral.

Last edited:

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been out of this thread and styleforum for a while. @Thrift Vader happy to let you know I picked up that SARD exhaust for my FR-S, a pretty trick Blitz intake, and starting to collect japanese tools. KTC, Koken, Nepros, etc.

brokencycle

Reaction score
dat 17mpg in a sedan though...

If it is elderly owned, the driver probably just did the short drives to the grocery store and what not. The EPA rating is 18 city/25 highway.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must speak up for the Ghibli (this seems to be a thread referencing all my old cars). I had one for 3 years and apart from reversing into the post van which was my fault it was relatively if not entirely problem free.

Its possible the guy I know who had problems with the Ghibli is just unlucky. He trade the Ghibli (which he bought new) for a pre-owned Ferrari F430 spider and has had problems with that car too.

A friend with an older QP GTS, had problems for several of the first months he owned the car. However, once the dealership sorted out the problems, his car was relatively trouble free and he has had is for several years and used it as a daily driver.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads