• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carpincho (Capybara) better than Peccary for gloves?

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*bump Peccary gloves 50% off here. I picked up a pair about a month ago when I was in Peru (not from the company linked). They are the most supple gloves I have ever felt. However, I have yet to really test the outstanding durability they posses. Disclaimer: I ran across the linked website when searching for Peccary gloves, I can't speak for the quality of their merchandise or service. They do appear to be legit.

HHD

Reaction score
Carpincho?

Meglos.jpg

MarcelitaB

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of hand stitched peccary gloves with cashmere or alpaca lining?
Thanks,
Marce

Dudufrias

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braised
OK, carpincho / capybara makes fabulous gloves. Get a caramel brown and you'll never look back. The leather is a suede, very soft, very light like deerskin. The wind seems to penetrate them a bit and they don't really serve in 20 degree weather, but as a glove for winter driving or walking when it's in the 30's, you can't get better Braised

I'm in Mar del Plara, Argentina right now, and I justo bought a pair of carpincho gloves. The pai I got is lines in nutria fur, so it is pretty warm.

Will post pics ASAP.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looking forward; this thread lacks examples

Dudufrias

Reaction score
Don't worry I will. Gonna need a little time. I'll be back home next wednesday.

Left Mar del Plata yesterday...now I'm in Buenos Aires.

P.S.: sorry for the bad typing...not used to the kind of keybord arrangement they have down here.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ C'mon, slowpoke

Dudufrias

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I came down with the flu on my way home. I'm feeling better now.
Here are the pics:

P7300001.jpg

P7300002.jpg

P7300003.jpg

P7300004.jpg

P7300010.jpg

Nice trip. Too bad I was robbed by a bunch of creeps in Calle Florida
mad.gif

They only took 140 pesos thank God...

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you were unharmed in the encounter
smile.gif
That leather is trippy. The glove looks thick, is it because of the leather or is it because the fur lining?

Dudufrias

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Glad you were unharmed in the encounter
smile.gif

That leather is trippy. The glove looks thick, is it because of the leather or is it because the fur lining?

Thank you...I was really scared that day...

I'd say it's the lining.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dudufrias
Thank you...I was really scared that day...

I'd say it's the lining.

lining, for sure. where did you get the gloves from? Arandu has great fur lined gloves... didnt buy from them though because they wouldnt customize them - silly me.

Dudufrias

Reaction score
I bought them in Mar del Plata (not Buenos Aires), in a city section with lots of upscale stores and restaurants. This particular place had plenty of carpincho and other leather goods, all made in the premises. As soon as I returned to the hotel my room key got stuck to a piece of the thread, and I inadvertently pulled it, so I jumped into the first cab back to the shop and asked them if a replacement was possible. Instead, they took the glove to the workshop and fixed it in a matter of minutes, at no cost. Great service if you ask me.

I can't remember the name of the shop right now. I'll e-mail the fellow that showed me around town and get back to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads