• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. Indeed. Forest, but in EEE and the front part is unlined! Structure where you need it - flexibility where you want it.
Lovely! Just curious -- you don't normally do EEE in Forest, right? Did you drop a half size? I really like the EEE forest fit in a boot but in a loafer I felt they were too high volume in my normal size. I probably should try a half down at some point.

That is definitely among the nicest looking tassel loafers I've seen. Perfection.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely! Just curious -- you don't normally do EEE in Forest, right? Did you drop a half size? I really like the EEE forest fit in a boot but in a loafer I felt they were too high volume in my normal size. I probably should try a half down at some point.

That is definitely among the nicest looking tassel loafers I've seen. Perfection.
Thanks, amigo. Actually, I’ve found that Forest EEE fits just fine and completely eliminates any “break-in” period. I have a high instep and wider foot, so it just works better.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy shit! I find your explanation of some of the adjustments intriguing, deets please.
View attachment 1600100
Sure thing, bro. So, I was looking for the perfect summer tassel loafer. This makeup to me was the perfect blend of casual and formal, so I went with that (the accenting dark brown tassels and side laces came out better than I imagined). Regarding the fit and construction specs:

- Forest EEE last: The Forest last works, always has. However, it takes me about a day or two to break them in. Because Carmina makes their loafers to fit a bit tight (they’ll inevitably give and have to secure your feet), I went with a EEE version of the Forest last. Gives you just enough extra room at the instep and ball, and doesn’t really expand the heel or arch are all that much. Fits like a glove.

- Half-unlined: I own a pair of penny Loafers in armagnac and on the Sineu last. I really like the feel and flexibility of the front part of the loafer being unlined. It has so much more flex and give. However, I resent the lack of structure and lining in the mid-foot and heel. So, I asked for the shoe to be half-unlined. Worked out amazing.

- Picked JR leather soles with toe plates and a full rubber heel (where I tend to wear out my shoes first). The rubber at the heel gives you a bit more of a cushioned feel when stepping.

Ultimately, these worked out great. Hope this helps.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure thing, bro. So, I was looking for the perfect summer tassel loafer. This makeup to me was the perfect blend of casual and formal, so I went with that (the accenting dark brown tassels and side laces came out better than I imagined). Regarding the fit and construction specs:

- Forest EEE last: The Forest last works, always has. However, it takes me about a day or two to break them in. Because Carmina makes their loafers to fit a bit tight (they’ll inevitably give and have to secure your feet), I went with a EEE version of the Forest last. Gives you just enough extra room at the instep and ball, and doesn’t really expand the heel or arch are all that much. Fits like a glove.

- Half-unlined: I own a pair of penny Loafers in armagnac and on the Sineu last. I really like the feel and flexibility of the front part of the loafer being unlined. It has so much more flex and give. However, I resent the lack of structure and lining in the mid-foot and heel. So, I asked for the shoe to be half-unlined. Worked out amazing.

- Picked JR leather soles with toe plates and a full rubber heel (where I tend to wear out my shoes first). The rubber at the heel gives you a bit more of a cushioned feel when stepping.

Ultimately, these worked out great. Hope this helps.
Aight, preciate you! love the idea of half unlined, and for wide footed guys like me, that combined with a EEE Forest sounds perfect. The rubber heel with the leather sole sounds like the ride is silky smooth.

I don’t care what anyone says, tassel loafers are the shit. It’s one of those, if you don’t know, you just don’t know situations.
E42D3522-A386-45B4-8FBE-3C5DB6DD3D81.gif

gr8man

Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for Carmina Cordovan belt, Carmina has promotion matching belt with purchasing shoes/boots.

SirThopas

Reaction score
I got a cordovan one with cordovan shoes the last time they had this promotion. It’s a decent enough belt, but it doesn’t say cordovan on it and I can’t say it feels a step up from my other decent quality non-cordovan belts... though I guess ultimately its longevity may be greater.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.