• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Regarding yesterday's discussion, complaints about Carmina's customer service are vastly overstated, at least from my vantage point having recently received what I'd consider to be prompt, top notch service. ?‍♂️

IMG_1474.jpg

KKL81

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Carmina can mto a single shoe?

Like, if something bad happened and I don't really want to talk about it, but perhaps if not half price at least some discount compared to having both shoes made?

Contango

Reaction score

Like, if something bad happened and I don't really want to talk about it, but perhaps if not half price at least some discount compared to having both shoes made?
You can’t post something like that and not talk about it! :p

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They might, I'd ask, but common, it can't be that embarrassing if we don't know who you are! just tell us what happened please

siddeh

Reaction score
Just got a part of my MTO order today. I've been 8/8 so far with Carmina's MTO in terms of avoiding major QC issues. However, I knew my luck would eventually run out.

View attachment 1581242

Update: Carmina was prompt to address the issue. The turnaround time to fix it was quick, took less than a week. However, it still wasn't actually fixed (albeit the balance is not as bad as before).

Hopefully, 2nd time is the charm...

20210412_180359 (1).jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: Carmina was prompt to address the issue. The turnaround time to fix it was quick, took less than a week. However, it still wasn't actually fixed (albeit the balance is not as bad as before).

Hopefully, 2nd time is the charm...

View attachment 1593715
Unless it was really off, I'm not sure I'd even notice something like this. Maybe my level of discernment is lacking

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe an ignorant question, but won't it flex when you wear it and be fine?
Nope, I had an issue like that, and the pair would rock back and forward if I shifted my weight. If ou lean forward then the heel would start to come of the ground, and if you leaned back to make the heel flush with the floor then the sole came off the ground. If it is just slightly of balance then I don't think it is so much of an issue, but these pictures of the sole being 1/8 th to a 1/4 inch off the ground have become fairly frequent on this thread lately. There is clearly something wrong. on top of that, everyone who sent them back for repair, seems to still have the issue afterward.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, I had an issue like that, and the pair would rock back and forward if I shifted my weight. If ou lean forward then the heel would start to come of the ground, and if you leaned back to make the heel flush with the floor then the sole came off the ground. If it is just slightly of balance then I don't think it is so much of an issue, but these pictures of the sole being 1/8 th to a 1/4 inch off the ground have become fairly frequent on this thread lately. There is clearly something wrong. on top of that, everyone who sent them back for repair, seems to still have the issue afterward.
Interesting, thanks

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks
They were Allen Edmonds. I actually still have them. I wear them when it rains. I have almost worn down the rubber sole, and I still have the issue, so it didn't go away after they were broken in. If I decide to resole them, I'll mention it to the cobbler to see what can be done.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were Allen Edmonds. I actually still have them. I wear them when it rains. I have almost worn down the rubber sole, and I still have the issue, so it didn't go away after they were broken in. If I decide to resole them, I'll mention it to the cobbler to see what can be done.
If and/or when you have that done, I'd be curious to hear what the fix is. Has to be something during lasting that causes that, no?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As @Carmina customer service has been discussed lately...

IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg

I was walking down Madison yesterday (towards Alden) and thought I would stop to see the new Carmina store and was presented with this sign. The frustrating and customer service related issue was that it was after 1pm, I was looking in through the door, the sales associate asked me to get out of the way so he could unlock the door, he then went in, did not say anything, relocked the door, and disappeared into the back. After 10 minutes I gave up and walked away. A part of me wanted to stay and explain that "Out to Lunch" has a much different meaning than "Out for Lunch" but I did not have more time to waste (on Carmina).

There could be so many answers but here are my questions:
- Why would Carmina only have one sales associate at their new Madison and 53rd flagship store?
- If possibly the other person was out sick, why not have someone from the original store cover lunch because it is not even half a mile away which by NYC standards is nothing?
- When I walked to the 45th street store there were two people inside, 1 helping a customer and the other one behind the desk working on a computer so they could have covered 53rd if needed.
- And the biggest injustice, and why I wanted to stop by the newer and larger Madison Ave store, is because 45th still barely stocks anything on the Detroit last.

Knowing how little most companies pay sales associates, I do not understand how they cannot always have more than one especially when they are spending a fortune on two stores in Manhattan less than nine blocks (aka less than a half mile) from each other. WTF, Carmina?

1618503542498.png

Last edited:

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As @Carmina customer service has been discussed lately...

View attachment 1593740 View attachment 1593742

I was walking down Madison yesterday (towards Alden) and thought I would stop to see the new Carmina store and was presented with this sign. The frustrating and customer service related issue was that it was after 1pm, I was looking in through the door, the sales associate asked me to get out of the way so he could unlock the door, he then went in, did not say anything, relocked the door, and disappeared into the back. After 10 minutes I gave up and walked away. A part of me wanted to stay and explain that "Out to Lunch" has a much different meaning than "Out for Lunch" but I did not have more time to waste (on Carmina).

There could be so many answers but here are my questions:
- Why would Carmina only have one sales associate at their new Madison and 53rd flagship store?
- If possibly the other person was out sick, why not have someone from the original store cover lunch because it is not even half a mile away which by NYC standards is nothing?
- When I walked to the 45th street store there were two people inside, 1 helping a customer and the other one behind the desk working on a computer so they could have covered 53rd if needed.
- And the biggest injustice and why I wanted to stop by the newer and larger Madison Ave store anyway which is because 45th still barely stocks anything on the Detroit last.

Knowing how little most companies pay sales associates, I do not understand how they cannot always have more than one especially when they are spending a fortune on two stores in Manhattan less than nine blocks (aka less than a half mile) from each other. WTF, Carmina?

View attachment 1593748
lol, "Out to Lunch" I hope you are seeing all this @Carmina . You may not want to or be able to reply, but please at least take note, and try to fix all this crap. I'm not joining the Shell GMTO that is currently going, because I am too scared to order right now. You're turning into overpriced Meermin. TLB seems to know what they are doing, so if I buy any more RTW shoes, I'll stick with them for now.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If and/or when you have that done, I'd be curious to hear what the fix is. Has to be something during lasting that causes that, no?
Must admit, it is weird. Like you suggest, it may happen during lasting. Maybe the underside isn’t pinned properly during lasting ??‍♂️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads