• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

greenhouse

Reaction score
I think 9 oscar may be too small. It has good toe space but at least for me its narrower at the ball than Detroit. You could try Detroit EEE, which is slightly wider than EE from what I've read.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I think Detroit's width is not the issue. It's just a bit too short, and I would bet that 9.5 UK will be too large. It is like my Vass P2 in 43. Perfectly wide enough, but just too short. Feels comfy for the first mile or so, and then the blisters on the big toe start to form. P2 in 43.5? Very comfy, but just on the edge of being too large. Facings fully push up against each other. I think the absolutely perfect fitting shoe for me would be a Vass P2 in 43.3, if such a thing existing, lol.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately, I think Detroit's width is not the issue. It's just a bit too short, and I would bet that 9.5 UK will be too large. It is like my Vass P2 in 43. Perfectly wide enough, but just too short. Feels comfy for the first mile or so, and then the blisters on the big toe start to form. P2 in 43.5? Very comfy, but just on the edge of being too large. Facings fully push up against each other. I think the absolutely perfect fitting shoe for me would be a Vass P2 in 43.3, if such a thing existing, lol.

Ok, in that case oscar 9.5 might work. I'm a 9 Detroit and found 9.5 oscarslightly too long and big. 9 oscar is good but very snug. Any smaller anywhere and I'd be in trouble. 9 Detroit is maybe slightly big for me. Just for comparison of my experience.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems that most of your Carmina lasts dont fit you. Maybe 9.5 uk Oscar will fit you better, but it is just a gamble (why not to take a 9.5uk on Detroit to feel safer?. FWIW my 8.5 uk size on Detroit fits perfect and my 9 uk last is just a bit forgiving but I use them (both Shell) with thick socks in winter time, so not to worry. No way I could fit 8.5uk on Oscar.

danadd94

Reaction score
Can anyone provide some sizing feedback on the uetam last? I want to get some unlined shell loafers and I'm on the fence between getting a 7.5 or 8. I lean toward the 7.5 because I want to wear these without socks and want to minimize heel slip.

For reference, I'm an 8.5D on the spot for heel to ball brannock but from heel to toe, an 8 D/E (but closer to E). In general, I'd say normal instep, narrower heel, but toe spread with is only slightly less that foot width at the ball of my foot. A 7.5 in Viberg 2030 fits well, 7.5D Barrie in cxl also fits (though I'd size up to an 8 for shell or calf) and 7.5 in truebalance.

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks in advance!

serbarristan

Reaction score
Can anyone provide some sizing feedback on the uetam last? I want to get some unlined shell loafers and I'm on the fence between getting a 7.5 or 8. I lean toward the 7.5 because I want to wear these without socks and want to minimize heel slip.

For reference, I'm an 8.5D on the spot for heel to ball brannock but from heel to toe, an 8 D/E (but closer to E). In general, I'd say normal instep, narrower heel, but toe spread with is only slightly less that foot width at the ball of my foot. A 7.5 in Viberg 2030 fits well, 7.5D Barrie in cxl also fits (though I'd size up to an 8 for shell or calf) and 7.5 in truebalance.

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks in advance!
I tried on Uetam a couple weeks ago in my TTS UK 10 (same size I wear on Rain and Sineu, I wear a 10.5C Barrie). I have a very low instep and they were still quite snug there in a good way. Since it’s a loafer exclusive last, it seems designed to decrease slip in normal sizing. I’ll be doing unlined Uetam full strap for Amaretto.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these at the recent SF sale in NYC. Second time wearing these.

Attachments

• 5581065F-FB56-4471-B43E-B63845F701AE.jpeg
    5581065F-FB56-4471-B43E-B63845F701AE.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 125

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward for you and the D crowd, I am always jealous.

I am an 8.5E on Plaza, 8E on Barrie (I could do 8.5D but is a bit long, 8D just crushes my pinkies) and I can do 8D(thin socks) or 8E on TB.
On Llubi I have to go 8UK for the extra width, it is a tad long but nothing too crazy, 7.5UK just doesn't feel right width wise.
Even on Rain, I have to go 8UK EEE.
Exactly right, @jamesnyc the only common factor for the make would be amaretto cordovan. Each user can select their preferred model.
Bumping to see if anyone else is interested in joining the Amaretto list

Guys,

Apologies for being late to this (I truly must get out more) but I'm in on the amaretto GMTO but need a little assistance on sizing. I run the same as @oskrusa, further, I have previously owned a pair of shell Carmina's that were on Detroit and I think they were 8 UK. The pair I'm interested in are fur lined jumper boots on soller. If I could get assistance on fit, I'm in (if its not too late)

Last edited:

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hey @Shawnc , Soller is pretty generous despite being more sleek-looking than other large Carmina lasts such as Llubi and Detroit. For regular calf lined boots I would recommend them on 8UK.

However, I would assume that Carmina does not make any up-sizing corrections for boots that are fur lined, therefore, a pair of jumper boots on Soller 8UK with calf lining will be more spacious than the same jumper when it is fur lined (@Carmina , is this a correct assumption?)

If the above statement is correct, I would recommend you to go up by half size to 8.5UK, but I would defer to @Carmina or any other member with fur lined Carmina boots to chime in.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite helpful as always @oskrusa , thanks. I thought that was a possibility which is why I called out that I was interested in the fur lined. @Carmina , if you could confirm this, I would be all-in on the Amaretto GTMO.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every foot is unique, so sizing advice is so hit or miss. Having said that, here's my two cents on the Oscar and Detroit lasts. I love the Oscar last. It's definitely narrower in the heel and forefoot than the Detroit last. My feet are slightly narrow in the heel, fairly high arch, and pretty normal width, so the Oscar works good for me. Specifically, a UK7 fits me very good and snug (not too snug) in the Oscar, while my feet have more room everywhere in the UK7 Detroit. I may be able to drop to a 6.5 in the Detroit.

My amaretto shell boot makeup will be on the Oscar or perhaps the Forrest, but I haven't tried the Forrest yet so I'm a little hesitant to go with that one.

danadd94

Reaction score
I tried on Uetam a couple weeks ago in my TTS UK 10 (same size I wear on Rain and Sineu, I wear a 10.5C Barrie). I have a very low instep and they were still quite snug there in a good way. Since it’s a loafer exclusive last, it seems designed to decrease slip in normal sizing. I’ll be doing unlined Uetam full strap for Amaretto.
Thanks for your input! So it sounds like TTS is the way to go on these. I plan on going for a 80709 model but no moc toe on the vamp in amaretto so that it looks more like a whole cut. The full strap would look great too!

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Does anyone using Woodlore boots tree? If so, are there huge differences between normal shoe tree vs. boots tree? I see that they're having 30% off sale, but wonder is it worth to purchase.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Does anyone using Woodlore boots tree? If so, are there huge differences between normal shoe tree vs. boots tree? I see that they're having 30% off sale, but wonder is it worth to purchase.

The Epics at 30% off are worthy in my book, but I don't own a single Boss and have never had the need for them.

jctune

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the boot trees last year. In hindsight I'm not sure why. The shaft of my boots, when unlaced, has a larger diameter than the tree leaving a fairly large gap between the two. Not sure what if any benefit the provide.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads