• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wereable pair of PTB´s for autumn and winter time. This split suede (I understand comes from C.F.S.) is of a great quality and the last fit is just really good, so I could not be most happy with it. An sturdy yet elegant shoe that will have a preference in my rotation during those seasons. Heel shock liner is different; feels very spongy and relaxed. For your fit reference, I take 8.5UK on Detroit last and 9uk on the Rain last (the chukka in tobacco full grain suede). Great QC Carmina!.
LATERAL.jpg ABAJO.jpg ARRIBA.jpg SOCK LINER.jpg COMPARATIVA.jpg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a shipment notice for my sneakers in black rusticalf. Can't wait to see how they turned out, and I'm pretty excited to handle the rusticalf as well. I have a future MTO in mind if I like the leather.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of Rain vs Forest EEE?

I have the last comparison from @Carmina, but I wonder whether it would make sense to take the same size, since Rain is a bit snug on the pinky (suede forgiveness saves me there).

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Guys, can someone who owns the black Oxford in Rain and Forest last post a comparison photo? I want to buy an Oxford but can't decide in which last haha

Here are 80424 Rain (6 eyelets, Calfskin) vs 732 Forest (5 eyelets, Shell Cordovan):

DSCF4905.jpg

DSCF4911.jpg

DSCF4910.jpg

Sorry for the quality of lighting. They were taken very late at night.

As a bonus, 80197 (Lizard) on Simpson, 80424 and 732.

DSC_2303.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are 80424 Rain (6 eyelets, Calfskin - for easy separation) vs 732 Forest (5 eyelets, Shell Cordovan):

View attachment 1204302

View attachment 1204303

View attachment 1204304

Sorry for the quality of lighting. They were taken very late at night.

As a bonus, 80197 (Lizard) on Simpson, 80424 and 732.

View attachment 1204305

Hope this helps.
Damn! Both look great! I guess the answer is to have them in the Rain and Forest last hehe. Do you take the same size?

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Damn! Both look great! I guess the answer is to have them in the Rain and Forest last hehe. Do you take the same size?

I happened to found myself a few excuses *cough* *cough* reasons to have one in chiseled-toe and one with rounded-toe as well as one in shell cordovan and one in calfskin. So I ended up buying both.

I take same size for both.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
In honor of the shell loafers that I bought this morning from the summer sale, I decided to bust out a pair of new-to-me armagnac PTBs that i got recently. I wasn't certain if the oscar was going to be snug/good or snug/bad from my fitments in NY so this was a lower risk solution to find out. Happy to learn that they are snug/good.

By the way, speaking of fit. Anyone know how the Pina last fits. Loafers are tough and this was a gamble order. Went with the same size as Oscar and Detroit. Are they narrower in the mid foot than oscar?

Attachments

• 20190709_082849.jpg
    20190709_082849.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

chatelet

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of Rain vs Forest EEE?

I have the last comparison from @Carmina, but I wonder whether it would make sense to take the same size, since Rain is a bit snug on the pinky (suede forgiveness saves me there).

I have both in the same size (9). Still breaking in the Forest, but it seems roomier than Rain at the pinky, and more room at the instep. Pinky was my biggest problem with Rain. Forest also has less heel slip than Rain.

Shetterd

Reaction score
I have both in the same size (9). Still breaking in the Forest, but it seems roomier than Rain at the pinky, and more room at the instep. Pinky was my biggest problem with Rain. Forest also has less heel slip than Rain.
This sounds promising! And that's the Forest in EEE? Any chance you could post a pic for comparison? Thanks!

chatelet

Reaction score
This sounds promising! And that's the Forest in EEE? Any chance you could post a pic for comparison? Thanks!

Yep, both EEE.

Forest is brown in the picture. You can see that the taper/narrowing at the toes on the Forest is much less severe than Rain.

2F2C4274-B491-47E7-97E4-D878197E725C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads