• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda sorta but a lot different lol.
My MTO makeup

BALMORAL BOOTS 80450 (080450-999-0000-10M)
Skin and color Cordovan && Armagnac Cordovan Skin and color Cordovan && Armagnac Cordovan Skin and color Suede && Brown Suede
Skin and color Suede && Brown Suede
lining Calf Leather && Violet
Last and sole Forest && Dainite sole
fabricacion Single Sole && brown Edge
floron Without Medallion
Eyelets Blind Eyelets
laces Round Brown shoe laces
Nominated & initials Without name neither initials
special requests Replace top 4x4 blind eyelets with 4x4 gold speed hooks
View attachment 1057033
This is very helpful and the comparison is much appreciated.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Carmina Cognac shell balmorals on Robert today:

20181021_111803.jpg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Alcudia fits fairly similar to Simpson, did you have the same fit with that and Inca? Inca is quite a bit more voluminous...

Carmina is generally pretty true to length. Not as long as the 65. Based on what you have provided, I’m really not sure ... length would be somewhere in between the AE 65 and 511 for a given size. Oscar would have a higher cone than either, and a fairly similar heel. Depends on why you want more length - is it because the shoe is short, or because you need more toe space? I think 7.5 would be too big for you in Oscar. 7 may work out well, but could be too short based on your answer to the question above.
I think if the toe box on 8D 511 was a little wider, it would be fine. I have long toes, and it feels like my pinky is catching the taper of the toebox just a little. That’s why 8.5 is better in length. I can still wear 8D.

Actually, I measured the interior length of 65 and 511 in 8D and the difference is about 1/4-1/3 inch, with 65 being longer. 65 is shell Strand and 511 is shell Dundee, if it matters. If Oscar is between the two in length in size 7, then I may be ok.

Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate all your help. And, apologies to others for boring you with so many size questions.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if the toe box on 8D 511 was a little wider, it would be fine. I have long toes, and it feels like my pinky is catching the taper of the toebox just a little. That’s why 8.5 is better in length. I can still wear 8D.

Actually, I measured the interior length of 65 and 511 in 8D and the difference is about 1/4-1/3 inch, with 65 being longer. 65 is shell Strand and 511 is shell Dundee, if it matters. If Oscar is between the two in length in size 7, then I may be ok.

Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate all your help. And, apologies to others for boring you with so many size questions.

Happy to help if/when I can. I can confirm Oscar is in between the two in length. In addition, the taper is more toe-friendly than the 511, and much more so than the 65.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to help if/when I can. I can confirm Oscar is in between the two in length. In addition, the taper is more toe-friendly than the 511, and much more so than the 65.
Thank you

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions regarding MTO.

1) the last that I prefer for a particular model is not available online under customization. If I leave my preferred lasts in notes section, will Carmina be able to accommodate?

2) Why is natural shell not available for MTO?

Thank you

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions regarding MTO.

1) the last that I prefer for a particular model is not available online under customization. If I leave my preferred lasts in notes section, will Carmina be able to accommodate?

2) Why is natural shell not available for MTO?

Thank you

1. Pribably. Not all of the available lasts are listed as selectable options. However, there may be some lasts that Carmina doesn’t want to apply to a given model. I would call the NYC store in the next couple of days to make sure the request is noted. I’ve had an MTO made on Alcudia, for instance.

2. No idea, but if I had to guess it would be because they can’t guarantee availability. That would be something to ask through a store. That said, bourbon is not far off.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina Cognac shell balmorals on Robert today:

I have the same pair from SkoAB I bought 5 years ago. Built like tanks.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Pribably. Not all of the available lasts are listed as selectable options. However, there may be some lasts that Carmina doesn’t want to apply to a given model. I would call the NYC store in the next couple of days to make sure the request is noted. I’ve had an MTO made on Alcudia, for instance.

2. No idea, but if I had to guess it would be because they can’t guarantee availability. That would be something to ask through a store. That said, bourbon is not far off.

One down (bourbon shell LWB on Oscar) and I still want to get the NST boot in armagnac shell. I don’t think Forest is going to look right with a storm welt, but Oscar is not offered for this model. I am not sure the store will honor the promotion tomorrow and get the OK for the last switch.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One down (bourbon shell LWB on Oscar) and I still want to get the NST boot in armagnac shell. I don’t think Forest is going to look right with a storm welt, but Oscar is not offered for this model. I am not sure the store will honor the promotion tomorrow and get the OK for the last switch.

Personally, I’d send them an email tonight stating your intent to buy and follow up with a call tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads