• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anticipation!

Got the UPS notice on Thursday late that something was coming from Carmina. Seems it did not make it to the truck on Thursday but did on Friday so it will come today.

But no idea what it is as I have 2 pair in the que the blue shell derby (ordered only a month ago) and the green shell derby ordered only a week ago. Seems a bit early for either one to be shipping but still possible for either or oh could it be both.

My UPS comes so late in the day I am afraid pics in the sun will have to wait until tomorrow.

Mykii

Reaction score
Anticipation!

Got the UPS notice on Thursday late that something was coming from Carmina. Seems it did not make it to the truck on Thursday but did on Friday so it will come today.

But no idea what it is as I have 2 pair in the que the blue shell derby (ordered only a month ago) and the green shell derby ordered only a week ago. Seems a bit early for either one to be shipping but still possible for either or oh could it be both.

My UPS comes so late in the day I am afraid pics in the sun will have to wait until tomorrow.

Exciting! Didn't get a chance to take pics of my green derbies yet, so you may beat me to it.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the unlined pennies in kudu suede on the XIM last?

On the Carmina website they seem a very attractive shade of reddish-brown, close to EGs 'Clove' suede. On instagram they look to be a pinkish red watermelon colour. @Carmina Can I ask which colour is accurate?

penny_loafers_sign_suede_l.jpg

33994356_176716769680351_6031522122524786688_n.jpg

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well good news UPS just showed up.

It was the Green Shell Derbies from the outlet and I have no idea why they were outlet (maybe this little mark on the welt but need to look so close to even see it) really just perfect!!!

Already on my feet and going out for the day.

IMG_20180609_141420.jpg
IMG_20180609_142209.jpg
IMG_20180609_142036.jpg

WilYa

Reaction score
Well good news UPS just showed up.

It was the Green Shell Derbies from the outlet and I have no idea why they were outlet (maybe this little mark on the welt but need to look so close to even see it) really just perfect!!!

Already on my feet and going out for the day.

View attachment 987579 View attachment 987580 View attachment 987581
Stunning! Congrats!
I thought the outlet is mainly for odd stock for discontinued model so don't be surprised that they turned out to be perfect.

gianm

Reaction score
Should I consider getting my shoe trees. From Carmina too? I've picked up some simple woodlore ones in the past, but they aren't ideal fits. I'm mostly concerned about the springs stretching the heels.
Alternative auggesyion are also welcome.

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I consider getting my shoe trees. From Carmina too? I've picked up some simple woodlore ones in the past, but they aren't ideal fits. I'm mostly concerned about the springs stretching the heels.
Alternative auggesyion are also welcome.

I have both the Carmina (note they are not lasted) and general cedar trees. For sure especially in shell the Carmina trees give back the original shape of the shoe. The general ones are not as good but still do an ok job. As I understand it the tree is more to absorb moisture and second to give shape. Assuming the tree is the correct size I don't think the spring is strong enough to stretch out the shoe or the heel. I say this as I have used a shoe stretcher and you have to really crank it and let it sit for many days to achieve a little stretch. So I think the general tension of the reg fitting shoe tree is not going to actually stretch the shoe. That all said I really like the Carmina trees but wow the price is a bit much, you can get cedar trees (that are exactly like the Allen Edmonds trees) for 2 for $30 and they also come with shoe bags. So in summary IMO as long as the tree is the right size it is not going to stretch the shoe as for what tree is best more per pref.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GoIrish

Reaction score
I have an identical pair in Simpson that I bought from Skoak a couple years ago. My father loves them so I was trying to find a pair for his birthday. Was hoping the Barney's were Simpson as well. I emailed Carmina to ask...

WilYa

Reaction score
It’s at Leatherfoot. 60% off all stock, including C&J and Cappelli.

Code is:

OFF60!

Or could be 60OFF!
Thx! Sorry to see them closing.
Just placed an order, did you get a separate email regarding tracking after they shipped the parcel?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx! Sorry to see them closing.
Just placed an order, did you get a separate email regarding tracking after they shipped the parcel?

Hmm, I kept trying the code this weekend and it wouldn’t work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads