• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take a shot:

1. Style: I love me some Adelaides, but the cap toe is the most formal. Not sure what else you are wearing, but if it is a tux, the cap toe would be the classic answer - broguing is traditionally considered less formal.

2. With the usual caveats (feets is different, no substitute for an in-person fitting, need more detail about your foot for a better recommendation), my guesses:
- Robert: size 9 UK. Pretty decent chance this will work; Robert has a straightforward fit
- Rain: maybe 9, maybe 8.5. Depends on your foot's total volume; rain is a generous fitting last.
- Simpson: maybe 9, maybe 9.5. It is narrow fitting and some find it tight in the toes and vamp (I personally love the Simpson, but that's for my foot).

Based on the above, if I had limited my options to the three above, I would try the Robert captoe in your situation. YMMV of course, hope this is of some help.

EDIT: I should really add that I don't have a black captoe and have worn black Adelaides with a tux. There are guidelines for style, but ultimately it depends on your taste. In terms of fit, I do still think the Robert last is the safest of the options.

Last edited:

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Gang, I ordered a pair of polo suede NSTs form Carmina outlet and also ordered a matching Polo suede belt. Dummy me didn't follow the sizing guide and ordered 2 sizes to small. If any of you fellas are a 32 and in need of a beautiful polo suede belt please PM me. I've already ordered another and don't see my self losing 20 pounds. It is the 90cm size.
View attachment 832090

I'm interested. Where are you located?

phsiao08

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm selling my spot for the previous massdrop. I just got another black captoe as a gift and can't justify this purchase.

$400 buys you a 9.5 UK rain lasted black semi-brogue with JR soles, shoe trees, and free shipping... hard to find a deal this good elsewhere.

Please let me know if you're interested with a PM.

MD-37724_20170407151408_de87dd7dd15fae42.jpg

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@coolarrow those are so good. Do you wear them more business casually, or do you wear with suits as well? Or purely casual as well?
So far, I've worn them with nice slacks and dress shirt. Also, a casualish suit (no tie)ie. more of a lighter blue color suit. I think I can wear them with a non-staple suit w/tie. Jeans would be fine, too, just haven't done it.

insy

Reaction score
Carmina cordovan belts are 3 piece, correct?
Yes, at least mine.

I actually wouldn't buy one again, given the price. As I don't think it matter too much if they belt matches your shoe, unless it is pure business or a wedding. In that case I don't like wearing Cordovan in the first place.

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
I really like Carmina's latest Chelsea Boots in Simpson, should I go with my usual size since my feets are definitely narrow?

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
My order was 1278, and I did not receive a shoehorn either. I now know of at least three orders for this PTB that did not come with a shoehorn (including mine) so it may have been an issue with this shoe.

Also, this shoe is magnificent!

Thank you!

@Manav Kapoor Only the Reddit MTO included our new shoehorn. Thank you for letting us know. We will ship you one straight away, it is a shame is was not included in your original box.

Our new collection is going up during this month! Check our website for new models every day.

Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your Carmina's.

Hello! I just wanted to know if I should expect any information regarding this. I did not receive any shipping notice and I tried contacting through the site but have not received a response.

Thank you!

insy

Reaction score
I bought some flat waxed shoelaces and I love how the shoes look.

36697610856_564d717342_h.jpg

36744728085_2d6c8125a9_h.jpg

Do they hold better? What I mean is, I have to re-lace my shoes quite often during the day, mostly to non-perfect fit I suppose but I suspect it also has something to do with the shoelaces.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they hold better? What I mean is, I have to re-lace my shoes quite often during the day, mostly to non-perfect fit I suppose but I suspect it also has something to do with the shoelaces.

I would say, yes. I don't have to tight them up a lot and they hold better, but I think because of the way I tie my shoelaces they hold all day long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads