• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Massdrop is running the Santos chelsea boot again. Not personally interested, as warmer weather is soon going to come to California, but thought I would share for my stateside brethren.

Ellson Toh

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've recently bought a pair of double monks in Wine Shadow and I was wondering which color of cream/wax from Saphir I should use. I have medium brown and burgundy, do you think any of these would do the trick or is there a better match? Thanks.

You'll probably need a mixture of Saphir's Hermes Red and Cognac creme polish, as the Wine Shadow patina is a mixture of red and orange hues. If were to choose one, Hermes Red will be the closest colour.

moimael

Reaction score
New Carlos Santos loafers from skoaktiebolaget for the summer. They are breaking in nicely so far. Last is very good for my flat feet with narrow heels.

20190329_124944.jpg

20190329_125145.jpg

Lifaholic11

Reaction score
I use the 1925 pommadier 02 neutral works good so far.
Hello,
I have the double monks in wine patina as well, and I use saphir 1925 pommadier neutral too. I used it like 3 times and the last time I got the impression that it removed the patina a little bit leaving some "white dots"...
Did you experience that?
I saw in another post that only Bick conditioner should be used on CS patina shoes, what do you think about that?
A last question: what can I do to recolor the white dots I have currently on my shoes?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Can someone give me some information on the 401 last. i have slightly wide feet. do i need to size up or there r generous in the toe area?

Specifically for their cap toe oxford ..
Hey, the toe area was nice for me, however it was a little narrow in the beginning on the sides (widest part of my foot). I find the 234 last more comfortable.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the double monks in wine patina as well, and I use saphir 1925 pommadier neutral too. I used it like 3 times and the last time I got the impression that it removed the patina a little bit leaving some "white dots"...
Did you experience that?
I saw in another post that only Bick conditioner should be used on CS patina shoes, what do you think about that?
A last question: what can I do to recolor the white dots I have currently on my shoes?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Hey sorry for the late reply, I didn't see the notification.

So far my wine patina looks great and I have had no white spots. It might be a sign that you have been applying too much polish.

When I was in the London Super Trunk Show and i talked to Saphir they suggested 2 colors to maintain the patina. However I am not that comfortable or experienced yet. For the white dots, it depends on the area they are in. I attached the pics of the suggested colors from Saphir (but I would ask again maybe on their Instagram!).
IMG_5288.JPG IMG_5289.JPG
A suggestion would be to take it to a professional cobbler or patina maker and get some advice or have it done for you.

Lifaholic11

Reaction score
Hey sorry for the late reply, I didn't see the notification.

So far my wine patina looks great and I have had no white spots. It might be a sign that you have been applying too much polish.

When I was in the London Super Trunk Show and i talked to Saphir they suggested 2 colors to maintain the patina. However I am not that comfortable or experienced yet. For the white dots, it depends on the area they are in. I attached the pics of the suggested colors from Saphir (but I would ask again maybe on their Instagram!).
View attachment 1161247 View attachment 1161248
A suggestion would be to take it to a professional cobbler or patina maker and get some advice or have it done for you.

Hello,
Actually I contacted Carlos Santos support, they said that I am using the correct product. They advised for that case to remove the existing waxes with Alcohol (I asked then if I can use Saphir Renomat and they said yes), then use a mixture of Saphir Pommadier Cream in Burgundy and Neutral shades.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Hello,
Actually I contacted Carlos Santos support, they said that I am using the correct product. They advised for that case to remove the existing waxes with Alcohol (I asked then if I can use Saphir Renomat and they said yes), then use a mixture of Saphir Pommadier Cream in Burgundy and Neutral shades.
Sounds about right, I use the renovateur about twice a year for deep cleaning. The cap toe is burnished so in those areas use the neutral one!

Analogue17

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this pair of Adelaide?

Was thinking of wearing for office and also what type of polish to maintain the patina.
carlos_santos_adelaide_in_coimbra_patina_1533178807_67628d9c0_900x.jpeg

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently came across this shoe

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/col...santos-derby-in-brown-suede-with-dainite-sole

Something about, that I just really like them. I think it’s a perfect versatile travel shoe

But the problem is that my size (UK 10 on wider/generous lasts and UK10.5 on narrow ones) is not available. I have looked in a couple of places. But can’t find them on any other site .

Can someone help me out finding this in my size.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Regards AJ

A11AF718-A646-4153-B25C-3D0F6E620845.png
E66004E7-EB21-42A2-B311-CE5C3A3C7077.png
811E33CB-BF20-4248-AB39-2EB133845024.png
A2D7FDC1-D3DF-44A8-A8FD-CFF2F1006740.png

misiuacademy

Reaction score
I recently came across this shoe

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/col...santos-derby-in-brown-suede-with-dainite-sole

Something about, that I just really like them. I think it’s a perfect versatile travel shoe

But the problem is that my size (UK 10 on wider/generous lasts and UK10.5 on narrow ones) is not available. I have looked in a couple of places. But can’t find them on any other site .

Can someone help me out finding this in my size.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Regards AJ

View attachment 1165590 View attachment 1165591 View attachment 1165592 View attachment 1165593
Hey, I really like this shoe too. Unfortunately you will not probably find it elsewhere. The minimum order pair is 10 for CS shoes (i plan to sell them soon in my shop) and the only way would be to have a GMTO as far as i know. I really like this suede color as well, I got a pair of sneakers from them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads