• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Youssef

Reaction score
Superb! @mattg1027 are beautiful. Your's are just a different shade of beautiful.

I've been cleaning up my 8866's after their first, very tough winter. They were subjected to a lot of slush and saline on the sidewalks as they became my go to boot for being out and about. Although I gave them regular wipe downs the salt did affect the welt and the upper where there is a lot of flex behind the toe cap down low. It seemed to take away some of the pebble effect and the colour. I treated them to some salt neutralizer and dark brown cream in those areas, followed by some Nikwax to give them a fighting chance next year. I feel like the welt and sole edge still have some salt crystal buildup as it feels a bit rough and did not take colour as much as the uppers. I must say I was impressed by how the welting kept the water out of the boot for perfectly dry feet!

View attachment 1169961 View attachment 1169962
I think the water, salt and friction have roughened the edges, you can smooth them out using a fine sandpaper after you mask the upper leather with paper tape. Then apply a product like Saphir Teinture Française (keep the masking)! They will be like new!

mattg1027

Reaction score
Also just purchased through MassDrop. How did you go about sizing? I wear 7E on AE 5 last and I ordered and 6UK
I took my normal size, but to be honest I haven't even worn them yet. Just admired so far :)

Glad you could take advantage of the MD sale! Hope you're familiar with their site and/or read their terms, since all sales are final with them.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
I would like to share something you don't see often around here. They are just stunning. The color, the shine, the fit and the attention to detail. Spotless. Guimaraes patina on the sexiest 387 last.

Don't have any feet pictures yet, they just arrived today but I could not help myself not to photo them.
IG.jpg
IG2.jpg

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
I would like to share something you don't see often around here. They are just stunning. The color, the shine, the fit and the attention to detail. Spotless. Guimaraes patina on the sexiest 387 last.
Wow. Beautiful shoes.

Would you happen to have any pics of the newer cap toe derby being worn? I've been considering these, but not many shots out there.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Wow. Beautiful shoes.

Would you happen to have any pics of the newer cap toe derby being worn? I've been considering these, but not many shots out there.
Hey bud, just saw your message my apologies. It depends of the newer cap toe derby. Do you have a picture? The one I own is the 9381 style.

Alocin

Reaction score
Finally got a few photos of these beauties.

Thanks to Ellson and the guys over at the Quarters for getting them to me.

They took my shine quite well.

2D5066C4-574A-4F07-A838-CA286F191652.jpeg

EFBBB033-B38A-47B1-A458-50911E91C2AF.jpeg

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Hey bud, just saw your message my apologies. It depends of the newer cap toe derby. Do you have a picture? The one I own is the 9381 style.
View attachment 1191064

Yes, that is the model i'm considering. Any pics of you wearing them? I havenn't seen any shots of these on feet anywhere yet. Wondering how the last looks with pants and how they would work with slim jeans. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.