• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

megabiscoito

Reaction score
Would you say it's more common in Portugal? It seems like despite being a fairly affordable brand, it is still relatively unknown.
Not common because for Portuguese they are expensive. Lower wages here. But how knows the sector, knows that it has a lot of quality.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with CS loafers (blake construction)? Are they true to size or should I size up or down?

dsc_7994[1].jpg

dsc_7541.jpg

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
PSA: The double monk-strap is once again available thru Massdrop: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carlos-santos-monkstrap-shoes

If you can bear the lead time (est. shipping April 23rd), the price is a steal at $250 for those who do not have to pay any extra tax. 5 patina colors are available and the last is Z401. I am considering whether to buy the Norte or save the money for a different pair later this summer.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: The double monk-strap is once again available thru Massdrop: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carlos-santos-monkstrap-shoes

If you can bear the lead time (est. shipping April 23rd), the price is a steal at $250 for those who do not have to pay any extra tax. 5 patina colors are available and the last is Z401. I am considering whether to buy the Norte or save the money for a different pair later this summer.

Thank you for your tip on the CS monk-strap.
How does Z401 compares to 234 last, in terms fo size and fit?

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
I cannot speak to that from real-life experience, sadly. From my understanding, and what was previously discussed in this thread, Z401 is somewhat shorter and less voluminous overall. @Ellson Toh might confirm.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Thank you for your tip on the CS monk-strap.
How does Z401 compares to 234 last, in terms fo size and fit?
Hey, check out my post on the previous page, there is a screen comparison between the 234 and 401. Similar in sizing for me but 401 is more narrow and fits very snug.

Ellson Toh

Reaction score
I cannot speak to that from real-life experience, sadly. From my understanding, and what was previously discussed in this thread, Z401 is somewhat shorter and less voluminous overall. @Ellson Toh might confirm.

Yes, the 401 last is slightly less voluminous overall as the last is just a slight slimmer compared to the 234 last. I'll still recommend to take the same size for both last as the 401 last is actually a direct replacement for the 234 last.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
GMTO, adelaide in Coimbra on the 401 last. Many thanks to The Quarters for the awesome service.

View attachment 1130468

View attachment 1130469
These look stunning. I contacted them today, wonder if i would have to pay taxes or imports/VAT if they ship to sweden. They said no, can someone confirm?

Anyone would be interested in the far future to make a GMTO of a wholecut/oxford in the handgrade line and 387 chiseled last? Just checking interest. It looks like it would go for 335 euros.

Wholecut generally looks like this.
36223033_10156423191132770_1740472236130697216_n-1024x657.jpg

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
These look stunning. I contacted them today, wonder if i would have to pay taxes or imports/VAT if they ship to sweden. They said no, can someone confirm?

Anyone would be interested in the far future to make a GMTO of a wholecut/oxford in the handgrade line and 387 chiseled last? Just checking interest. It looks like it would go for 335 euros.

Wholecut generally looks like this.
View attachment 1130745

Thanks. Mine were shipped directly from the Carlos Santos factory and were declared as a gift. No duties payable.

gbandi

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with CS unlined chukkas. Quality shop has some on leather soles in 397 last.Wish they were on a more casual sole

jamie411

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with CS unlined chukkas. Quality shop has some on leather soles in 397 last.Wish they were on a more casual sole

No experience, but these are 40% off at the moment, if your size is still available. Deduct VAT if you are outside EU. Makes these pretty cheap - around 160 EUR.

gbandi

Reaction score
Went on a spree with the recent Cavour sale and got some boots. Not sure which ones to keep. Couldn’t pass up CS boots for under $200

Have brown Indy, Tan AS Cambridge and natural Higgins mill for casual use. Meermin Galway, Loake Hyde and Daltons (chili and bourbon) and some chukkas/Chelsea’s for dress wear..

CS algarve jumper and guimaraes brogue for business casual wear

The one on the far right is Meermin and fits great. I think I should get rid of the grain derby boot as it is very similar to Meermin..

ABEDEDA4-DA5D-4A2F-BEF7-D97354443A29.jpeg

92946455-5299-4409-8711-0888D5020DD3.jpeg

A01673EB-9CAA-4C1B-BD84-24063A50E1E8.jpeg

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went on a spree with the recent Cavour sale and got some boots. Not sure which ones to keep. Couldn’t pass up CS boots for under $200

Think I should get rid of the grain derby boot as it is very similar to Meermin..

If that brown grain derby is a size 8 then yes, return immediately (or send directly to me). :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads