• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canali Exclusive Sportscoat

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. RLPL at 450 is a great deal.
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
Theres a RLPL blazer i've been eyeing on the forum for 400-450 also. is the quality of the St. Andrews for RLPL better than Canali exclusive?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by better? Comes down to what kind of fit you are after. I would prefer RLPL since Canali never really fits right on me.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's some SF heresy for you: Once you get to a certain mid-tier of quality -- fully canvassed Canali and Corneliani, for example -- the return on additional investment, in terms of "quality," begins to diminish dramatically, IMO. You'll pay more for more luxurious fabrics, for additional hand stitching, for silhouette, for handmade buttonholes, for the name, etc. But the mid-tier can offer very good value. I own Kiton, Oxxford, etc. and my favorites are still my Cornelianis. The Cornelianis lack some of the fancier features of the more upscale brands, but in terms of the wearing, I can't tell much difference. They're solid, well-made coats, and they've served me well. As such, I base my purchasing decisions less on those minor improvements in quality than on fit, silhouette and pattern.

Much of the stuff we obsess about here, for which people will pay top dollar, will often be noticed by no one but the wearer.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canali Exclusive is the top end line that Canali offers. From a pure construction, fabric, amount of handstitching standpoint, it does NOT equal RLPL made by St. Andrews. Close, but not quite. But it would be "better" than RLPL made by Caruso though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads