• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I just say...I LOVE Marshalls

cartisdm

Reaction score
As the title states...I love that store. I recently moved from a smaller town that had a really, really crappy Ross and I felt dirty just going by it. Now that I'm in Charlotte, the Marshalls in the city area is awesome! Plus, right now it has a lot of extra stuff for the holiday shopping season. Last night I picked up four ties for $7, $7, $10, and $12. I'll post pics when I get home!

UPDATE:

Pics below of a Tommy H, Enro, Sean John, and I'm wearing a Forsyth. The pics may not be the best, but the ties feel nice and sturdy and have a good weight to them.

wrnnnb.jpg

52dy8i.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
As the title states...I love that store. I recently moved from a smaller town that had a really, really crappy Ross and I felt dirty just going by it. Now that I'm in Charlotte, the Marshalls in the city area is awesome! Plus, right now it has a lot of extra stuff for the holiday shopping season. Last night I picked up four ties for $7, $7, $10, and $12. I'll post pics when I get home!

i guess you lucked out the marshalls near me is a crap hole

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i hate that new Marshalls commercial where the group of xmas shoppers w their marshalls and tjmaxx shopping bags are going down an escalator in a mall carrolling a song about how stupid everyone is shopping at the malls when they can get the 'same items for less' at marshalls. jeez, that is like once in a blue moon for that to actually happen 99% of the time you'll find made for outlet crap, and
you dont go to a mall belittling everyone putting everyone down during the holidays. they should have done the commercial in a better taste. becaus of that commercial im boycotting marshalls this xmas.
angry.gif

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i hate that new Marshalls commercial where the group of xmas shoppers w their marshalls and tjmaxx shopping bags are going down an escalator in a mall carrolling a song about how stupid everyone is shopping at the malls when they can get the 'same items for less' at marshalls. jeez, that is like once in a blue moon for that to actually happen 99% of the time you'll find made for outlet crap, and
you dont go to a mall belittling everyone putting everyone down during the holidays. they should have done the commercial in a better taste. becaus of that commercial im boycotting marshalls this xmas.
angry.gif

The commercials are dumb, but what commercials aren't?
patch[1].gif

That being said, I don't run around boasting that I bought my stuff from Marshalls (tj-maxx, Ross, etc.). Not that I'm a huge label whore, but there's something to be said about someone who has an eye for sharp styles and doesn't boast how little (or much) he paid for them. With the exception if this forum of course. We're here to share!!!

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my secret Marshalls stores where I used to snag Barbera and other key items now only stock U.S. POLO ASS'N. Gilt has killed Marshalls. They sell crap I wouldn't clothe a bum in.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once found John Lobbs wholecuts at Marshalls. Grabbed a $29.99 price tag off a pair of Converse and stuck it on the Lobbs and it worked. True story.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Once found John Lobbs wholecuts at Marshalls. Grabbed a $29.99 price tag off a pair of Converse and stuck it on the Lobbs and it worked. True story.

im not sure what to think of this story

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are at least 5 Marshalls' within driving distance from me.
I most often find knickknacks for the house rather than clothing.

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
I find lots of Ralph Lauren (Blue label & Purple label, occasional Black label) at my local Marshalls. That's really all I can rely on them for.

Just last night, I bought the RL denim comforter cover for $39.00 (retail $200). Other than deals like that, and some houseware deals, that place is a hell hole.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just got a new Marshalls around here, and I have been getting some good gifts there for the holidays. Yesterday I got a $125 POLO RL belt for $20 which I was pretty happy about. They also had a number of these in different colors...
828cc1b3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads