• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can I just say...I LOVE Marshalls

cartisdm

Reaction score
As the title states...I love that store. I recently moved from a smaller town that had a really, really crappy Ross and I felt dirty just going by it. Now that I'm in Charlotte, the Marshalls in the city area is awesome! Plus, right now it has a lot of extra stuff for the holiday shopping season. Last night I picked up four ties for $7, $7, $10, and $12. I'll post pics when I get home!

UPDATE:

Pics below of a Tommy H, Enro, Sean John, and I'm wearing a Forsyth. The pics may not be the best, but the ties feel nice and sturdy and have a good weight to them.

in stitches

Kung Joo
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
As the title states...I love that store. I recently moved from a smaller town that had a really, really crappy Ross and I felt dirty just going by it. Now that I'm in Charlotte, the Marshalls in the city area is awesome! Plus, right now it has a lot of extra stuff for the holiday shopping season. Last night I picked up four ties for $7, $7, $10, and $12. I'll post pics when I get home!

i guess you lucked out the marshalls near me is a crap hole

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i hate that new Marshalls commercial where the group of xmas shoppers w their marshalls and tjmaxx shopping bags are going down an escalator in a mall carrolling a song about how stupid everyone is shopping at the malls when they can get the 'same items for less' at marshalls. jeez, that is like once in a blue moon for that to actually happen 99% of the time you'll find made for outlet crap, and
you dont go to a mall belittling everyone putting everyone down during the holidays. they should have done the commercial in a better taste. becaus of that commercial im boycotting marshalls this xmas.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i hate that new Marshalls commercial where the group of xmas shoppers w their marshalls and tjmaxx shopping bags are going down an escalator in a mall carrolling a song about how stupid everyone is shopping at the malls when they can get the 'same items for less' at marshalls. jeez, that is like once in a blue moon for that to actually happen 99% of the time you'll find made for outlet crap, and
you dont go to a mall belittling everyone putting everyone down during the holidays. they should have done the commercial in a better taste. becaus of that commercial im boycotting marshalls this xmas.

The commercials are dumb, but what commercials aren't?

That being said, I don't run around boasting that I bought my stuff from Marshalls (tj-maxx, Ross, etc.). Not that I'm a huge label whore, but there's something to be said about someone who has an eye for sharp styles and doesn't boast how little (or much) he paid for them. With the exception if this forum of course. We're here to share!!!

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my secret Marshalls stores where I used to snag Barbera and other key items now only stock U.S. POLO ASS'N. Gilt has killed Marshalls. They sell crap I wouldn't clothe a bum in.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once found John Lobbs wholecuts at Marshalls. Grabbed a $29.99 price tag off a pair of Converse and stuck it on the Lobbs and it worked. True story.

in stitches

Kung Joo
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Once found John Lobbs wholecuts at Marshalls. Grabbed a $29.99 price tag off a pair of Converse and stuck it on the Lobbs and it worked. True story.

im not sure what to think of this story

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are at least 5 Marshalls' within driving distance from me.
I most often find knickknacks for the house rather than clothing.

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
I find lots of Ralph Lauren (Blue label & Purple label, occasional Black label) at my local Marshalls. That's really all I can rely on them for.

Just last night, I bought the RL denim comforter cover for $39.00 (retail $200). Other than deals like that, and some houseware deals, that place is a hell hole.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just got a new Marshalls around here, and I have been getting some good gifts there for the holidays. Yesterday I got a $125 POLO RL belt for $20 which I was pretty happy about. They also had a number of these in different colors...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.