• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

z270

Reaction score
I don't think they ever came "almost tan" and I think they always got super dark with LP/Sno-Seal.
J crew sells (sold?) a very similar version in a lighter colored pebble grain that would not start to get close to black with some LP.

True, light tan is an exaggeration. Comparing the picture on the site with the pictures I've seen here, was just unexpected (although thats also due to LP in some cases).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno, there are 2 pictures on page 2 of the thread. They look pretty light in the second picture but they state that the color in the first pic is the most accurate. First pic looks like maybe some flash blowing out the color on the boots.

I have the boots from the same time period and mine looked pretty much like the first pic when new. I sno-sealed them and they went super dark.

Maybe they are oiling the boots a little more these days which makes them darker out of the box, but I don't think the post-treatment results are that different.

Vagran7

Reaction score
I got a pair of them in 9.5ee 2 days ago. It felt like they were fine in the toe, but after wearing them to work,they are way too long. I think my toes are close to an inch away from the end. I order some superfeet insoles that might take up more space, but I doubt it's enough. Is it too late to do any kind of exchanges for the boot? I don't want to abuse the return policy for the boots, but if they allow the exchange that would be cool.

ASkin ANight

Reaction score
I've been looking at the pictures in this thread and it seems like my pair has more wrinkles than everyone else's, mainly between the bottom laceholes and the toe cap. I put Sno Seal on them but maybe I didn't put enough? Should I have used something else to prevent wrinkles? Or do I just bend my toes more than everybody else that has Katahdins?

rdstour

Reaction score

I've been looking at the pictures in this thread and it seems like my pair has more wrinkles than everyone else's, mainly between the bottom laceholes and the toe cap.  I put Sno Seal on them but maybe I didn't put enough?  Should I have used something else to prevent wrinkles?  Or do I just bend my toes more than everybody else that has Katahdins?

FFS, every shoe has wrinkles and this one is no exception. I am not sure why you think that sno-seal would prevent wrinkles because that is not what it is supposed to do.

Dude, relax and just enjoy the boots.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ lol, dude sounds a lot more relaxed than you do

Anyways, there were a few earlier posts in this thread where people had the same wrinkling problem. Turns out that some had split grain leather used on their boots rather than full grain (you can tell because it's way fuzzier on the inside). If that's the case, give LL Bean a call, their customer service is incredible and they will sort you out.

If you're just talking about creases across the boot from wear, then that's obviously normal. Boots like these look better beat up anyways.

ASkin ANight

Reaction score
FFS, every shoe has wrinkles and this one is no exception. I am not sure why you think that sno-seal would prevent wrinkles because that is not what it is supposed to do.
Dude, relax and just enjoy the boots.
That's why I asked. Wasn't sure.

Does Obenauf's help with wrinkles? I know a lot of Katahdin wearers use that.

And dude, I don't care about wrinkles coming in naturally all over the boot. I want the broken-in look. But so far my pair just has a big, main series of wrinkles all the way across the boot right above the toecap. And looking at everyone else's pics of their boots, it doesn't seem normal.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with this. I'm not losing sleep over it or anything.

rdstour

Reaction score
Skin ANight,

Obenaufs does not help with wrinkles in my experience.
Obenaufs and Sno-seal (I've used both) are just wax products that help improve the leather's durability/waterproofness etc.,

My pair of Katahdins sounds just like yours, with creases/wrinkles where my toe/foot flexes. If it's really an issue, either shoe tree it etc, but given how thick the leather is, a broken-in Katahdin boot should look the way you're describing.

Try posting some pictures comparing yours with others. but I doubt it'll be a big difference.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people saying to go a half size down, but there is no 12.5 option. I'm a 13 in Allen Edmonds and Clarks Desert Boots, but I haven't had a chance to try any LL Bean boots to see how the sizing works. Do you experts think that I should just go for the 13 or go a whole size down to a 12?

Last edited:

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the 13s.
I sized down and wonder if TTS would have been a better idea.

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd go with the 13s.
I sized down and wonder if TTS would have been a better idea.

Thanks for the response. I ended up ordering them TTS and will just send them back for a smaller size if they are too large. These are my first pair of decent quality boots, so I'm pretty excited to get my hands on them.

Guus

Reaction score
I got a pair in the mail a couple of days ago, and I noticed it had a tag that said "this product contains material, in California, is known to cause cancer, birth defects and other serious illnesses". Anything i should be worried about?

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score

I got a pair in the mail a couple of days ago, and I noticed it had a tag that said "this product contains material, in California, is known to cause cancer, birth defects and other serious illnesses". Anything i should be worried about?

Sounds like you're in line for some foot cancer. Bummer.

And I would definitely try to prevent your feet from having any babies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads