• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cable Car Clothiers moving sale

Archivist

Reaction score
San Francisco's Cable Car Clothiers is moving to Sutter Street (right down the block from the Hound and Alden) towards the end of the Summer, and are now having a 30%-70% sale.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love this place. its pretty old school mens awesomeness.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it can be a better location for them. Plus it gives them a chance to dump a lot of older, dusty inventory and spruce the new location up a bit. Back in the mid 1970's, when it was at another location and also called Robert Kirk, it was the only place I could find in the entire bay area that sold 100% khaki pants (the polyester blend decade). Over the years quite a few of my classic 3 button blue blazers and Harris tweed jackets came from there. It was a fun place to shop and discover classics.

I wish them well with the move.

Archivist

Reaction score
I had a chat with them about their plans. They are going to have a two seat barber shop in the new space. They won't have as much floorspace as the current shop, but they have the option to acquire more space if it works out for them. They may cut back on the number of suits they keep in the shop. It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had a chat with them about their plans. They are going to have a two seat barber shop in the new space. They won't have as much floorspace as the current shop, but they have the option to acquire more space if it works out for them. They may cut back on the number of suits they keep in the shop. It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up.

The famous Gowings store in Sydney had a Barber shop to attract customers.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hats are selling at a 30% discount, suits in smaller sizes are 50 to 70 % off

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads